No announcement yet.

BWAA or RING they all have external influences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWAA or RING they all have external influences

I notice people are calling out the BWAA as somehow they are less bias than the GBP owned ring. Do you know that the BWAA often has deals with Top Rank when purchasing tickets to their awards dinner? Notice how certain BWAA members tend to be very anti-GBP? Please.......... I know the history of the Organization, btw, unless you become a member of the BWAA and pay their $$$fees$$$ they won't give you a writing award anymore.

As for Marquez getting the award its only fair. If he gets the decision against Pac in 2011 he would have won it hands down last year.

So Donaire gets the BWAA and Marquez gets ring, i think it is more than fair. You can make the case for both winning. Perhaps some sanctimonious members of the BWAA love that he is yearly vada testing. Because yearly vada testing even with Victor Conte on your side is 100% guarantee that Conte can't slip "flinstone vitamins" to Andre Ward and Nonito Donaire.

When push comes to shove, everybody has an opinion and that's all this is. Some get their opinions published some don't. If you comfortable enough with what you see and what you conclude from what you see then leave it at that.

No need to go out on a rampage trying to discredit others or even worse, discredit the fighters who both had great years.

A lot of people get too sensitive when someone disagrees with them
    Last edited by -PBP-; 01-31-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

where are you getting these infos ?..

why would BWAA be anti gb?

Comment

This is a great point.

Great great point.

Comment

Sorry - none of that crap affects voting for awards.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            When push comes to shove, everybody has an opinion and that's all this is. Some get their opinions published some don't. If you comfortable enough with what you see and what you conclude from what you see then leave it at that.

No need to go out on a rampage trying to discredit others or even worse, discredit the fighters who both had great years.

A lot of people get too sensitive when someone disagrees with them
            This is another good point.

It's all just an opinion, at the end of the day.

Muhammad Ali was voted Fighter of the Decade for the 60's but a long list of people disagree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Sorry - none of that crap affects voting for awards.
              Same at The Ring though, no?

I think that's the point he's trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                This is a great point.

Great great point.
                On the great scale of greatness, how great do you really feel the OP's great point is?

Be clear.

Comment

Buying Ring Magazine was a stupidly blatant move by Oscar.

Much easier to discredit due to that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    On the great scale of greatness, how great do you really feel the OP's great point is?

Be clear.
                    I don't have a great scale of greatness on hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X