Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to stop with this s**t......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Mayweather and Pacquiao are STILL 2 of the Top 5 fighters in the world. Along with Ward, Martinez, and probably Donaire/Marquez, they are still two of the top fighters in the sport.

People are acting like Floyd and Manny are way past it or something. Look here, Floyd hasn't been prime since 2007, has been past prime-still good since 2009. His defense, hand speed, footwork, and overall skill level is about the same it was in 2009-2010 against Marquez and Mosley. Now who knows what he'll be like when he returns next year probably, but as of right now we can say Floyd is still one of the top fighters in the world, if not the top fighter still. He went up to 154 lbs, a weight he's not comfortable at, and beat a bigger fighter by a wide UD, and the #1 SWW at the time.

And Manny, he hasn't been prime since 2009, has been about the same fighter he was in 2010 against Clottey and Margarito. The only difference is his past two fights, he fought fighters who actually move and don't stand right in front of him, like the past prime slow plodding Margarito and the human punching bag that was Clottey in that fight. He's coming off another close fight against Marquez (what's new???) and coming off what should have been a clear UD win against a prime/top 10 P4P fighter in Bradley. Manny's speed and skill is the same as it was against Clottey and Margarito in 2010, the big difference was the opponent standing in the ring with him. You mad Marquez, who uses footwork and counter punching and always troubles Manny, and Bradley who didn't just rush straight forward the entire night and used footwork and defense against Manny. And the times Bradley did decide to try and trade with Manny, he got caught repeatedly with left hands from Manny.

The point is....people talk about Floyd and Manny like they're past it completely, and they aren't. Aside from Floyd, there's not one fighter from 140-147 that I'd favor over Manny, and Marquez is a 50-50 fight like it's always been. And there's no one from 140-147 I'd favor over Mayweather.

Both Manny and Floyd are still two of the top fighters in the world.
    agree 100%

Comment

Pac is still number 1. Check out any legit p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
        Pac is still number 1. Check out any legit p4p list.
        Ph.lboxing don't even have Pac as number one bwhahaha.....

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          Ph.lboxing don't even have Pac as number one bwhahaha.....
          Shows what they know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            Floyd beat Cotto easily
            nah... he beat cotto convincingly, but not easily

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              nah... he beat cotto convincingly, but not easily
              Pac beat him easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
                Shows what they know.
                bwhahaha....I get your angle now You putting some good work.

Comment

If Pacquiao looks good against Marquez then it is still the best fight out there. I just don't think team Mayweather will ever put a reasonable offer on the table so the fight won't happen. Pacquiao made an offer to Floyd of a 55-45 split in Floyd's favor and agreed to take all the Mayweather tests. If he scores a solid win over Marquez I think that offer is reasonable. Team Mayweather could make a counter offer but they as much as told Pacquiao to F off. Floyd can fight two fights and make about the same money that he could make in one fight with Pacquiao. If Floyd fights again I think he will have fights with other guys than Pacquiao. He will still be making huge money. I am talking about today, not the negotiations that went on several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    bwhahaha....I get your angle now You putting some good work.
                    My angle is to school floydiots like yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X