Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I remember people laughed when i said punching a wooden fence can harden your knuckle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
    i know how to box
    well why do you want harder fists if you know how to box well enough?

Surely the average dickhead that starts a street fight doesnt know how to fight very well....i assume that most people that do have the skills have discipline and self respect

I know theres the issue of injuring your hand without a glove but if you're a boxer can't you just jab them and slip them till they realise they're not going to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Baptist View Post
      well why do you want harder fists if you know how to box well enough?

Surely the average dickhead that starts a street fight doesnt know how to fight very well....i assume that most people that do have the skills have discipline and self respect

I know theres the issue of injuring your hand without a glove but if you're a boxer can't you just jab them and slip them till they realise they're not going to win?
      i understand what you're saying..but hard fists are like hitting someone with a brick..u should see their face when they get hit..they look like"what the hell did he hit me with"..lol...ive been accused of hitting people with locks..but its my bare fists

Comment

i understand what you're saying..but hard fists are like hitting someone with a brick..u should see their face when they get hit..they look like"what the hell did he hit me with"..lol...ive been accused of hitting people with locks..but its my bare fists
        But plenty of people have that effect from just knowing how to punch properly?

The only knuckle strengthening I've seen mentioned in any boxers workout is doing pushups on knuckles (Kostya Tszu is the only one I can think of from the top of my head)

I don't see the point in risking your hands if you can already box like you say and I would say steer clear, but if you've already been doing it for a year and its working out for you then why would you listen to anyone else

Keep going

Comment

bone vs cartilage

Comment

If you are in your late 20s you shouldn't be getting into street fights, not enough to the point that you want to train your body to be some ultimate weapon anyway.

Another thing to consider is that when you do **** like that you're essentially wearing your body down. By the time you're in your mid 30s you're going to have all kinds of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              If you are in your late 20s you shouldn't be getting into street fights, not enough to the point that you want to train your body to be some ultimate weapon anyway.

Another thing to consider is that when you do **** like that you're essentially wearing your body down. By the time you're in your mid 30s you're going to have all kinds of problems.
              I thought this but didn't want him to think I was being patronizing by suggesting his idea was childish

Comment

This is the thing, YES hitting wood or anything hard will make your knuckles harder.

BUT...........

This isn't a Kung Fu movie and you don't need to break coconuts with your fingers. AS a matter of fact, because in boxing you are constantly punching at the gym, in sparring and in fights, you need to conserve your hands and make sure you don't injure them.

This is the reason we wear wraps and wear 16oz gloves to work out with because we don't want to break anything and weaken the hand. I have had 2 knuckles broken, had the "boxers" break and broken my pinky finger on my right hand because of boxing.

Now I have severe pain at night sometimes in my hands because of it.

Comment

Comment

ive been doin it for over a year..i got fists like bricks

Comment

mui thai fighters hit trees to harden their shins,people who use the tiger claw hit their finger tips to stengthn their finger tips..why not harden your knuckles since thier your weapon of choice??

thats a banana tree, not hard at all.... i want to see that guy kicking an real tree...

Comment

Working...
                      X