No announcement yet.

The Sad Tale of Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    If Haymon puts enough money on the table for the rematch and Khan actually wants it, it can easily happen. Danny said he wants it.

Personally, I'd prefer Brook-Garcia early next year. Khan might do better against Porter.
    Danny has said he listens to his father and will never go against his word

Its up to Angel, and for some reason he said there will never be a rematch at 147.

Obviously a rematch against Danny Garcia would be a perfect way for Khan to redeem himself.

Angel seems like a very stubborn guy and he is staring his sons career and its worked out brilliantly so far

I think they will chase Porter and Thurman rather than fight Khan again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Given the current furore surrounding the announcement of Mayweather vs. Berto, I thought I'd offer some light relief in the form of the one positive thing which has come about from this joke event...

Amir Khan got mugged off again!!

A few months ago, I made a thread about Khan not getting enough credit for his career but ever since that time he's embarrassed himself and everyone who stood up for him.

At 140lbs, Khan forged a reputation for being willing to fight the best. He was a unified world champion and was blatantly ducked by the number one fighter in that division, Tim Bradley. I, along with many others and Amir Khan himself ripped Bradley for years for this act of cowardice but Khan and his legion of worshippers have proven to be nothing but hypocrites as Khan has gone on to adopt a similar protection plan.

Ever since moving up to 147lbs and hooking up with Al Haymon, Khan seems to have thrown all his former principles out the window.

After getting brutally knocked out for the second time in his career by Danny Garcia, not many would have begrudged Khan a couple of tune-up fights. He took on lightweight, Carlos Molina, in his next fight before having a life and death struggle with Julio Diaz in his following contest. Somehow Khan was convinced on that performance that he was entitled to a Floyd Mayweather fight and he actually pulled out of negotiations to fight Devon Alexander for the IBF Welterweight Championship in December 2013, thinking he had Floyd in the bag for May.

Looking back now, one can't help but laugh as a man who Khan had previously beaten, Marcos Maidana, got the Mayweather fight not once but TWICE whilst Khan was pawned off on one of the undercards!

Khan seemed to have learned his lesson after getting stitched up by Mayweather twice and eventually did take on Alexander in December 2014 - a year after it could have happened with Khan even admitting that he regretted his decision not to take it earlier when Devon was world champion. Khan put in an impressive performance against a guy who had just recently lost his title to Shawn Porter and again began lobbying for the Mayweather fight.

Once again Mayweather laughed off Khan as he clearly had his sights set on making the biggest fight in boxing history against Manny Pacquiao. Khan then proceeded to make an absolute tit out of himself by claiming that Mayweather took the "easy option" and countless other embarrassing statements.

Rejected for the third time, Khan was left without an opponent for the summer. He threw around names like Cotto, Bradley, Marquez etc....all pretty impossible fights to make given the promotional issues they would bring up.

However there was one viable and huge fight on the table against Kell Brook. There simply was no excuse for Khan not to take the fight. A world title shot in front of 80,000 fans at Wembley Stadium where he'd earn in excess of £5million. A chance to recapture the waning support of the British public in a massive domestic fight with international implications. An opportunity to demonstrate his drawing power as well as credibility to Mayweather.....and what does he do?

Fights Chris Algieri for a fifth of the money on Spike TV in front of less than 8k on a Friday night in America and looks like complete dog****.

Great way to get Floyd's attention, Amir! I wonder if he is now regretting his decision not to take the Brook fight (just like the Devon fight) as he watches his gym mate and sparring partner, Andre Berto, trained by his own trainer, Virgil Hunter, get chosen ahead of him!

Khan tried to protect his chin and got mugged off for the FOURTH time in a row! Actually talking his way out of the fight instead of into it!

As much as we all hate the Berto fight, lets take some time to reflect and laugh in unison at A Mere Pawn. And be thankful that on this occasion, ducking was not rewarded.
      My sides hurt from laughing. Solid Post!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirk diggler uk View Post

"we got the call..."

"yesssss mun!! Fukin get in there mun!!!! I knew i'd eventually talk maywetha douwn mun. When do we start training, virgil?

"uhmmm....amir....uhmmm...i'm afraid i have some bad news"

omg... Lmfao!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          The only thing I want to comment on is why 4 times?

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            great thread op

this should be on khan's wiki page
            It should be on Khan's wiki lol.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            He's already started it...

**** will never learn

The icing on the cake will be if Mayweather chooses Brook for his 50th fight.
            Hopefully Floyd comes back for 1 more fight and fights Brook just to piss off Khan some more.

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            It is just a matter of time before Khan gets KO'd. He was KO'd at 135. He was KO'd at 140. He is overdue for a KO loss at 147.
            I can't wait for him to get KO'd again... he gets KO'd in spectacular fashion lol.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            khan thought his strategy of sitting around fighting bums would land him the Floyd fight but berto beat him at his own game!

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            5 star thread Dirk! The title and responses got me rolling

Meanwhile Box, Yoz, and Seek in the back like...

Wait, who changed the title?!? A Mere Pawn was classic!
            Originally posted by boxingfan1986 View Post
            What happened to the thread title? A Mere Pawn?
            Apparently Khant-tards can't handle the truth. Complained to the mods and got it changed or something.
            Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            A truly damning and hilarious post.

The Khan-man can only blame himself for the road he's on.

Movie quote: No Country for Old Men

“If the road you followed brought you to this, of what use was the road.”

Comment

• Frank Warren @FrankWarrenBox

#FuckKhan

That say's it all ...........

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                Apparently Khant-tards can't handle the truth. Complained to the mods and got it changed or something.
                Dirk said that and you just went with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  Frank Warren @FrankWarrenBox

#FuckKhan

That say's it all ...........
                  That's a parody account you clueless muppet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Dirk said that and you just went with it?
                    I've literally been told.

Comment

Working...
                    X