No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz is boxing's best prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
    Maybe the question is how good is Prescott. If Khan is impressive against Barerra he might be overhyped again. Here is to hoping Prescott gets more hype. Ortiz is a bright star that seems to be a nice kid. Does anybody have details about his DQ loss.
    according to Dan Rafael

If you're curious about the loss and draw on Ortiz's record, pretend they don't exist. In his eighth pro fight, Ortiz was disqualified in the first round for knocking Corey Alarcon cold with an uppercut off a clinch in a mismatch. The first-round technical draw came in January 2007, when Ortiz was thrashing Marvin Cordova and about to knock him out when an accidental head-butt opened a cut on Ortiz's forehead and rendered him unable to continue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=3797411

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
      according to Dan Rafael

If you're curious about the loss and draw on Ortiz's record, pretend they don't exist. In his eighth pro fight, Ortiz was disqualified in the first round for knocking Corey Alarcon cold with an uppercut off a clinch in a mismatch. The first-round technical draw came in January 2007, when Ortiz was thrashing Marvin Cordova and about to knock him out when an accidental head-butt opened a cut on Ortiz's forehead and rendered him unable to continue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=3797411
      Thanks man. Does anyone have a vid of that DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
        I see a lot of boxing prospects like Gamboa and Khan being hyped, but they have weaknesses and I have serious doubts whether they'll be able to succeed at the highest level.

Of all the young fighters, I think age 22 Victor Ortiz is the best! He showed it once again last night, by quickly and easily taking out a solid, world-class opponent.

Mike Arnaoutis had never been previously stopped, in fact never seriously hurt in a fight. His only two previous losses were a close decisions against Ricardo Torres (most observers thought he won) and Kendall Holt.

With Golden Boy, Ortiz has a promoter that can make the best fights happen for him. I'm hoping he'll be in a title eliminator next fight.
        agreed, he's like a young promising vargas

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney
          I wonder who his next opponent will be.

Zab Judah at 140, or Paulie Malignaggi would be perfect.

oooooooooohhh

i'd LOVE to see Ortiz-Judah

Comment

yeah i would agree that is the biggest prospect, although he is still to be fully tested and until then we will just have to wait and see....

Comment

I wonder who his next opponent will be.

Zab Judah at 140, or Paulie Malignaggi would be perfect.

Comment

I hope they don't go to fast about putting him in dangerous fights... he is still young and can be easily misled. No need to hurry.

Comment

Ortiz is the best looking and apparently the most polished of the prospects (who don't have a major title). However, I think Gamboa is probably the most talented.

Lehkai Mayweather looks like a pretty good prospect to though
                  Guys like Linares, JuanMa, Nonito and Berto all have belts so I don't consider them prospects.

Comment

Ortiz seems to have the skills that fans of ALL taste can appreciate.

Patient and methodical - "Pure boxing" fans can appreciate this

Killer Instinct with power - Fans of the brawling style can dig this

There really isn't any reason to dislike Ortiz. He reps the hispanic fight culture BUT with an all American smile. He's lookin after his little bro make sure he's heading in the right direction.

Only those with racial, biased agendas will hate.

Comment

hopefully he kills maliggnagi

Comment

Working...
                      X