No announcement yet.

Miguel cottos best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
    He lost to both of them in the eyes of all neutral observers.

Comment

Has to be Mosley. Sure he was past his best (and juice free) but he was still a damn good fighter when Cotto met him.

Comment

**** i dunno, michal jennings or someone?

He has one of the worst resumes of any high profile fighter, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
          **** i dunno, michal jennings or someone?

He has one of the worst resumes of any high profile fighter, ever.
          I've been saying that for years wih this generation. Dudes call me a hater for being real.

The reason they put him up there is cause of a passionate fanbase and Floyd/Pac beat him.
          Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 04-22-2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Better fighters than Chris Algieri so I guess Cotto>Fan Four right?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Yes a Margarito who clearly cheated with his wraps. Cotto beats him all day if Margarito hadn't cheated, the second fight showed this.

Even in the fights he lost Cotto was always competitive. He busted up Mayweather's nose early on in the fight when Mayweather was trying to be more aggressive. He hurt Pacquaio a few times and I think had he not lost to Maragrito he could have very well beaten Pacquaio. Pretty sure the catchweight didnt help against Pacquaio either...
              No proof he cheated vs. Cotto

Always competitive? Lol

He was NOT competitive with either pac or floyd. Lol

He won maybe 2 rounds vs. Pac. He won rounds vs. Floyd when floyd took off rounds. Lol

Yeah cotto would have beat pacquiao. That damn 1 lb. Made all the Difference.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                Shane at 35 was still a very dangerous fighter, certainly not passed it as you put it. If he was past it he wouldn't have smashed Margarito like he did and I doubt he would have been offered a fight against Mayweather and Pacquiao either.
                Shane was still solid but definitely past prime and old.

Like I said, cotto at his peak is about equal to an old, past prime mosley.

Marg was out of shape for mosley. Hence why he tried to cheat. Plus after getting caught, pretty sure he was out of it mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  No proof he cheated vs. Cotto

Always competitive? Lol

He was NOT competitive with either pac or floyd. Lol

He won maybe 2 rounds vs. Pac. He won rounds vs. Floyd when floyd took off rounds. Lol

Yeah cotto would have beat pacquiao. That damn 1 lb. Made all the Difference.
                  Pacquiao vs Cotto was one of the worst beatings i've seen, cotto fans say he was "competetive" because he landed one good punch in i think the second round (which didn't even buckle pacs knees), then proceeded to get the utter **** beaten out of him for the rest of the fight

he looked like an orc from lord of the rings by the time the ref waved it off.

Comment

Cotto's best win was Torres

Comment

He was a good fighter and definitely one of the greatest hype jobs we've seen in a while.

I'm not saying he wasn't good. Though i can't remember seeing a fighter who lost to the top level fighters ( smashed) yet be 'world champion' so many times.

A bit similar to Arthur Abraham. Once he stepped up he got schooled. Then he went back to Germany and was 'world champion' again for several years. Gullible fans or just plain blind?

His best win for me was against Torres.

Comment

Working...
                      X