Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you like Danny Garcia's sched next year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Garcia-Postol is a go, until Dela Hoya announces he wants Garcia vs Peterson, personally, I want those fights to happen for Swift to clean up the 140-pound division, we all know there's no Herrera rematch and I think Matthysse will destroy both Broner and Provodnikov.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      i'm starting to lose faith in danny, he hasnt fought a live threat in ages

he should just move up to 147

Unless Pac he staying at 140, i'd like to see Danny Vs Pac and also Danny vs Broner
      Lol Lol Danny has a soft touch 2014 and now all of his carreer has been a soft touch, fucc outta here son

Danny has fought elite opposition before and he will do so again on his next sht.

Comment

If he beats Peterson January/February 2015, impressively, and gets through the mandatory defense against Postol in June/July 2015, impressively, he becomes the challenger for Floyd Mayweather Jr. not much else to say about that.

Garcia(c) vs Peterson(c), with the Ring/WBC/WBA/IBF 140 titles on the line, is a pretty massive fight (could possibly co-feature on the biggest American heavyweight championship fight in recent history or headline its own show). If Garcia looks good in victory, he leaves no doubt to his status as kingpin of 140.

Garcia(c) vs Postol, then becomes a tough "bridge" fight to the final Floyd Mayweather Jr event.

You set up "old lion"/p4p king (Mayweather Jr) versus "young lion"/140 king (Garcia), you have the Puerto Rican audience with a new star to rally behind, and now you also have the possibility of having Chavez Jr as the chief support, bringing the passions of the Mexican and Mexican American fans along with him. You sell the fight as Floyd's last one, and likely sell 1.5m PPV buys.

Comment

Only guy I see him maybe fighting of those is Peterson, the only Haymon fighter named.

Comment

Peterson isn't really good. No idea why they've prolonged that fight as if it's something big. C level fighter.

Postol fight most likely isn't happening. Garcia's going to vacate, and while good, Postol is still in that untested area.

Pacquiao? I don't really see it, and he'd lose wide if it did happen.

Not a very likely scenario all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              Peterson isn't really good. No idea why they've prolonged that fight as if it's something big. C level fighter.

Postol fight most likely isn't happening. Garcia's going to vacate, and while good, Postol is still in that untested area.

Pacquiao? I don't really see it, and he'd lose wide if it did happen.

Not a very likely scenario all around.
              Peterson is well above a "C level fighter" in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Are you calling him B+? He's the poster boy of a B- or C+ fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  His Schedule for 2015

May: Mayweather

Dec: Peterson
                  we have a winner..we havent had a unification fight of this magnitude in a long time..

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Uh...no, he's not. His best win is Kendall Holt. He robbed Khan. Fight in D.C., 2 bogus point deductions, and he still only wins by like a point. Lamont has one of the fakest, most meaningless belts this side of the WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by TMTForever View Post
                      we have a winner..we havent had a unification fight of this magnitude in a long time..

Peterson shouldn't even have that fake-ass IBF belt that Haymon let him keep for Christmas after getting KTFO. For that matter, Danny shouldn't have any belts either.
                      He's Herrera's belt-warmer, that's what he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X