Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner ranked #5 P4P by ring magazine WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen the Top Rank owned magazine "The Square" p4p ratings?

1. Pacquiao
    2. Brandon Rios
    3. Nonito Donaire
    4. Marquez
    5. Mike Alvarado
    6. Timothy Bradley
    7. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
    8. Kelly Pavlik
    9. Vanes Martirosyan
    10. JuanMa Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post

1. Pacquiao
      2. Brandon Rios
      3. Nonito Donaire
      4. Marquez
      5. Mike Alvarado
      6. Timothy Bradley
      7. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
      8. Kelly Pavlik
      9. Vanes Martirosyan
      10. JuanMa Lopez

In fairness, despite how poor it is, The Ring's list isn't solely GBP fighters. There's only actually 2 Golden Boy fighters in their list.

But the obvious agenda is there.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 12-11-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Guerrero at 10 is also trash. And pretty much confirmation the Floyd fight is done.

Comment

What might be the worst for me is after beating DeMarco they didn't put him on the list. Now all of a sudden, after like a month has gone by they put him in there above future HOFers and P4P mainstays. That doesn't make any sense, you can't put someone in at #5 after being previously unranked if they didn't fight that week.

Comment

Golden Boy flooding the ring with PED filled boxers and flooding the media with propaganda that would make Soviets blush.

Comment

The part about Broner's ranking that confuses me is that he wasn't ranked P4P after his victory in November, but 3 weeks later he receives the #5 ranking? He beat a good opponent who was highly rated by the Ring, but I don't understand what took them so long.

I'm glad to see Vitali drop out of the rankings, and it's even nicer to see Wlad drop even closer to falling out of the top 10, heavyweight should never be in the pound-for-pound rankings, especially heavyweight like the Klitschkos.

Robert Guerrero at #10 is also interesting. Mayweather will be fighting the #10 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and the #3 ranked welterweight by the Ring on May 4. His name? Robert Guerrero...

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post

1. Pacquiao
                2. Brandon Rios
                3. Nonito Donaire
                4. Marquez
                5. Mike Alvarado
                6. Timothy Bradley
                7. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
                8. Kelly Pavlik
                9. Vanes Martirosyan
                10. JuanMa Lopez
                haha that's great. Chavez Jr. has a spot in there but not the guy who took 10 rounds off him lolol.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Power View Post
                  The part about Broner's ranking that confuses me is that he wasn't ranked P4P after his victory in November, but 3 weeks later he receives the #5 ranking? He beat a good opponent who was highly rated by the Ring, but I don't understand what took them so long.

I'm glad to see Vitali drop out of the rankings, and it's even nicer to see Wlad drop even closer to falling out of the top 10, heavyweight should never be in the pound-for-pound rankings, especially heavyweight like the Klitschkos.

Robert Guerrero at #10 is also interesting. Mayweather will be fighting the #10 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, and the #3 ranked welterweight by the Ring on May 4. His name? Robert Guerrero...
                  It's obvious.

Robert Guererro:

6 X World Champion in 4 Weight Divisions (in the category with the likes of Henry Armstrong and Roberto Duran)
                  Ring Magazine's #10 Pound for Pound Fighter in the World
                  Ring Magazine's #3 ranked welterweight in the world
                  WBC Interim Champion
                  Candidate for 2012 Fighter of the Year
                  Undefeated Fighter (Robbed by Split Decision and avenged it with a brutal 6th Round KO)

It's going to look like a ****in Super Fight against Mayweather to the casual fans on May 4th.

Comment

broner a G!!! but he don't deserve #5 p4p

Comment

I can understand having Broner in your top 10 depending on what you see. Top 5 is a bit of a joke as he done nothing to put him with the upper echelon of boxing. ( For the record I wouldn't have Broner in my top 10, he needs a career defining victory).

Guerrero I would have in my top 10 even though I feel he is juicing.

Comment

Working...
                      X