No announcement yet.

Anyone Right handed fight Southpaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilentButViolent
    im right-handed and fight southpaw, i just feel more comforablte fihgting in a southpaw stance than orthodox
    fighting in the orthodox stance i feel very uncomforablte but fighting southpaw stance it feels more natural

Comment

i started out as a southpaw then i got used to orthadox. when i was first starting out orthadox it was very uncomfortable but once u get used to it it ll be the other way around for the southpaw stance

Comment

whoever is a right-handed southpaw hasnt any focus. every knows it will be easier for a right-handed fighter to fight southpaw but its not effective. thats why you must have the focus to fight orthodox until you get used to it. its like learning the wrong techniques coz its easier for u.

Comment

yea the same with me i accualy feel a lil akward when i fight orthodox....but im right handed..but when i switch to south paw ma jab is stronger and stiffer and ma left is strong to.... i cant throw a left hook in ortodox stance as fast and good as i throw a right hook in southpaw stance its weird but i could fight both mostly south paw tho...plus i could move better in southpaw i dont kno why lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
            whoever is a right-handed southpaw hasnt any focus. every knows it will be easier for a right-handed fighter to fight southpaw but its not effective. thats why you must have the focus to fight orthodox until you get used to it. its like learning the wrong techniques coz its easier for u.
            nice post..

Comment

For throwing a jab of course you'll have more power, but how effective is your left??

I suggest you strengthen your left, if you get a strong left jab, you'll be set, stick with the left, drop a bomb with the right..

Even in south paw a strong left is very effective..
              If your more comfortable south paw cause yoru jab is stronger with your right hand, i suggest you work with your left..

Comment

the problem isnt the jab it's your other punches, especially with the left hand. It feels akward and you wont get it right.
                You got to start from scratch.
                I used to be able to fight as both but i have taken a break and now i have a hard time throwing hooks with my left as a southpaw.

Comment

nice topic
                  I newbie in boxing.

I think the punch does not only depend on the arms but also wieght shifting and midsection muscle.

could anyone explain the difference in the weightshifting for southpaw and orthrodox

Comment

Working...
                  X