Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil Hunter speaks on training Amir Khan, and why he felt Cotto lost to Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's to hoping AK becomes bigger and better! Work your magic Virge!!!

Comment

Did he say DonYil Livingston is just as good as Cotto?

Comment

I can see the logic to what Hunter is saying about Cotto's training. As the fight progressed, I knew about the second round that Cotto didn't look the same as he normally does. No jab, no movement really at all on his feet, swinging very wide and off balance to get on the inside. Then his conditioning didn't seem to be where it had been in previous fights, he looked somewhat flabby for a pro boxer and he was tired in under 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Did he say DonYil Livingston is just as good as Cotto?
          thats what I'm saying............

what in the holly ****.

& cotto looked normal to me. starts strong & gases in the later rounds.

he's been doing that since 140.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I can see the logic to what Hunter is saying about Cotto's training. As the fight progressed, I knew about the second round that Cotto didn't look the same as he normally does. No jab, no movement really at all on his feet, swinging very wide and off balance to get on the inside. Then his conditioning didn't seem to be where it had been in previous fights, he looked somewhat flabby for a pro boxer and he was tired in under 6 rounds.
            thats what cotto does............stamina has been a problem for miguel since starting boxing..........diaz shouldn't take the blame for something thats out of his power.

& LOL @ Livingston being just as good as cotto.
            Last edited by Godsfly; 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              Cotto was out of gas going into the 7th round, his mouth was hanging open from the 5th until the end of the fight. He always gasses out in fights but i thought he gassed way sooner than usual, what Virgil says explains, to me, exactly what happened
              cotto was chasing a bigger faster guy with great footwork and movement and made to regularly hit thin air, whilst eating a few shots (especially to the body) along the way...
              that might tire him out a little, no?

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                Oh like win two world title champion ships? Make over 50 million dollars? Have close to half a million twitter followers? Fight repeatedly on HBO, and become a household name in the UK? And all before 25.

You're an idiot. And you got over 2000 posts, if someone isn't doing **** with their life, that would be you loser.
                lady gaga and justin bieber are apparently the number 1 and 2 most followed on twitter - and can both probably take a punch better than khan...

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  You dont get it, what virgil says (and the truth) is that it issent Kahns chin that is the problem because those two knocdowns he got up from and both of them would have put most fighters into a coma.
                  well he had the nounce of someone in a coma when he got up so how does that translate into having a good chin? he didn't have a clue what to do when he got up - his head was scrambled.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                    I am pretty sure Ko King is talking about Khan's prospects about competing with the best not his money making potential and fan base. Angel Garcia may have called it right that Khan's run at the top is over. I can see him doing well against the lower level opponents in a build up to getting a championship fight but at top level against the likes of Bradley,Garcia and few other guys I just see him coming up short.
                    He will make money but as Angel Garcia said he may well be a manufactured champion and not a real one. Khan is a good fighter but not an elite one and don't see him becoming one.
                    Angel García, the one true prophet

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Virgil's going to try introduce a 'safety first' dimension to Khan's fighting. That's going to take a lot of work. Khan's instinct is to throw shots, he's an offensive fighter and overwhelming people with lightening combinations is what he does best. Is it possible to blend that with the style exemplified by a guy like Ward?
                      makes me think ricky hatton + floyd mayweather senior (although virgil is not quite the lunatic ol' floyd is obviously)

Comment

Working...
                      X