No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Khan's Chin Not a Problem, Has To Temper Attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
    Nonsense, poppy****, boulderdash and horse manure. His chin is FRAGILE and it should be marked handle with care. It is like a huge fortress, yes, yes, that's it! BUT ONE MADE OF GLASS!!! He also has the recuperative powers of a drunk and wet dog and duck mixed together on spaghetti-noodle leges trying to stand on an oil slick on an ice rink. He has been sent clean into orbit, passing the moon twice...nuff said.
    HAHA!

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    If it's temper then Incredible Hulk should have like a glass chin x 100.
    Decreasing the value of The Avengers movie in the process.

Comment

Yeah. The only reason Margarito's chin was legendary was because when he got hurt, he had superior survival and recovery skills and was too slippery to finish off. It's this that Khan lacks.

Comment

Comment

this hunter cat raises some great points. Lookin forward to what he does with khan. I just hope khan listens to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
            A lot of people here has written about Khan's chin. I agree with Hunter - the chin is not the problem here. The two guys who knocked Khan out are known for having "one punch KO-power". Khan stood in there with Maidana who landed big blows but couldn't get Khan out of there.

I also agree that the real problem is Khan's defense and his reactions and actions after being hurt. He seems very tense when fighting - just like amateurs going at it for 3-4 rounds. He needs to pace himself better and quit jumping around on his toes like that. He needs to settle.

I think Hunter was a wise choice but it shouldn't be on his shoulders alone. Khan really needs to improve and adjust to those factors Hunter said above in the article. Roach can't teach Khan anything new and I think Roach should retire after Pacquiao's (hopefully) last fight with Marquez.
            Garcia is not known for one punch ko power

Comment

I agree to a point.

Khans chin isnt as bad as some make out. But it is a weakness.

i still think if he hides behind his jab and uses his reach and speed hell be a handful to anyone.

but yes he will get caught at some point and lose but he can definately be a major player again and can beat Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                Yeah. The only reason Margarito's chin was legendary was because when he got hurt, he had superior survival and recovery skills and was too slippery to finish off. It's this that Khan lacks.

true, they say anyone can hit with one good shot, but the great fighters dont get with the 2nd and 3rd.

Khan has heart tho, and that can be taught to a point.

Against Garcia his problem was he was trying to fire back when he was wobbling all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  true, they say anyone can hit with one good shot, but the great fighters dont get with the 2nd and 3rd.

Khan has heart tho, and that can be taught to a point.

Against Garcia his problem was he was trying to fire back when he was wobbling all over the place.
                  Very true.

Khan's chin is not formidable, nor is his defense.
                  Yet the real issue is, in my opinion, psychological.

It seems to me that Khan reacts to hard punches as many youngsters do when they start boxing; he wants to hit back immediately, if he can't , he tends to get frustrated and throw more punches, leaving openings and forgetting his defense.

If you don't protect your chin, you'll eventually go down, no matter how good your chin is.
                  Improving his defense and train his neck will surely help, but most importantly, he needs to avoid stupid mistakes and keep his focus on his game plan.

Comment

welcome to khans glass house of shame
                    make that right on suspect chin blvd

Comment

I've been saying this for ages now. Kahns doesn't have the best chin but its not a glass one. His KO losses came from big punchers which probably would have dropped anybody at that weight.

His problem is his defence, eagerness to trade and discipline. He also has no inside fighting skills. He tries to fight when he's hurt which shows us how big his heart is but this is also a problem.

If he can work defence into his game along with tactics he'll go far. Sooner or later he will be clipped and KD but if he can learn to take a full 8 count for recovery and then box smart for a couple of rounds he should be OK.

Comment

Working...
                      X