Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd fights Cotto at 154, why not Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd fights Cotto at 154, why not Martinez?

Martinez is the best there I would say. It would actually be a vey good fight.

Because Martinez has a real chance of beating him. That would be the single most dangerous fight of Floyd's career.

Comment

None of the 147 guy's are going to fight Martinez, it's simply not going to happen, nor should they. Sergio is a top fighter but he should really be sticking to guy's that are his size, which is 160lbs.

Miguel is comfortable at 154, but he's not big at the weight and he wont re-hydrate to be FAR bigger than Pac or Floyd would be. Sergio would and for that reason, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

Tbh I think Floyd would beat him. I am not a Floyd fan, but ai do believe he would beat Martinez, who is overrated. However, Martinez would beat Cotto at 154. Martinez is the best challenge at 154 for sure.

Comment

Because Martinez fights at MW and cant draw flies to *****!!

154 is a hot division, why doesnt he go down and starts fighting people there and he keeps at MW fighting stiffs?

He only wants that payday!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Because Martinez has a real chance of beating him. That would be the single most dangerous fight of Floyd's career.
            Right up until the fight gets signed. Then Martinez will be a cherry picked, old, easy to hit bum that proves Mayweather is a coward for not fighting Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
              Right up until the fight gets signed. Then Martinez will be a cherry picked, old, easy to hit bum that proves Mayweather is a coward for not fighting Pacquiao
              What?? Pacman just lost to a lightweight & wanted Cotto at 147 now. Forget skip bayless & enter reality bro. A win against Martinez absolutely bosses on Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Not @ 154. Martinez chances are about as slim as Cotto's.

160 is where Martinez-Floyd should take place.

Infact, i don't think Floyd should be campaigning any longer @ 147 period. There's just no challenges left for him there, that gentleman who's coming off a loss to a 40 year old blown up featherweight that everybody wants him to fight poses no actual threat to him. That's only a good fight on paper.

He should move up to middleweight after this fight and take on the lineal champ, whoever it may be at the time of his release.

Comment

If he beats cotto as expected I can see NSB shouting for Martinez vs Floyd, but he will probably go after Canelos strap(s) to unify at 154.

I would love to see him fight Martinez and Floyd has mentioned him as a possible opponent, but i struggle to see it get made. If it does, then happy ****ing days

Comment

it is still possible it happens. but i can understand why it wouldnt happen now. ill wait a little later lest see how the guy does at 154. ive completely given up on a manny fight so im all for martinez

Comment

Working...
                    X