Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the wedding of Prince William and Kate getting so much attention?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
    Agreed. You must have a very secluded lifestyle if you have no idea who prince william and kate middleton are. Also, i'm assuming you know who kim kardashian is, so you have picked up something from those bull**** propaganda news networks.
    who the fuck is kate middleton to me?

I'm an american who the fuck is prince williams to me? seriously why should I stay in tune with their personal lives?

Yes, I know who kim kardashian is because her pictures are everywhere online, hard to miss the big ass. Other than that I don't follow her and have no idea what she does in life. I don't watch foxnews, CNN, MSNBC and the likes they are not a very good source of information imo. The only mainstream media I watch on TV is dateline from time to time but mostly the BBC world news.

Following trash like this does not mean you are your following world events, it means you follow pop culture. Today I read two articles on Libya, an article on Japans reactors, an article on the European Union divided over refugee question, an article on Australian defense scandal, one on the "The Invisible Recession" in America, and more on US cuts.

So yeah, I'm totally not connected because I'm not following some pointless pop culture
    Last edited by ИATAS; 04-18-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      The same reason why the cast of Jersey Shore is making bank.

The average TV viewer = Moron
      ^^This!

All these excuses about tourism etc are complete bull****.

If we charged in and executed the entire royal family French style we could d so much with the buildings and land they occupy by opening them up for tourism.

Some pay huge bills to dine at the Ritz but imagine what you would pay to stay at Buck House, Windsor, Balmoral or to go hunting and fishing on their lands?

Would be awesome and I'd definitely pay to go on a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
        I don't complain. I'm patriotic these days, although the government are reet ****s. It's their tax fiddling and expenses BS that's really worth a bigger outcry.
        The Royals are the reason that London is the most visited city in the world though. We'd miss the income and loss of tradition and culture if they weren't there.
        London couldn't be more visited than Paris. Although I think it would be #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          London couldn't be more visited than Paris. Although I think it would be #2.
          Yeah its Paris, London, Singapore and its history, commerce and architecture that do that.

Not a jar of old wrinkled punes.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            who the fuck is kate middleton to me?

I'm an american who the fuck is prince williams to me? seriously why should I stay in tune with their personal lives?

Yes, I know who kim kardashian is because her pictures are everywhere online, hard to miss the big ass. Other than that I don't follow her and have no idea what she does in life. I don't watch foxnews, CNN, MSNBC and the likes they are not a very good source of information imo. The only mainstream media I watch on TV is dateline from time to time but mostly the BBC world news.

Following trash like this does not mean you are your following world events, it means you follow pop culture. Today I read two articles on Libya, an article on Japans reactors, an article on the European Union divided over refugee question, an article on Australian defense scandal, one on the "The Invisible Recession" in America, and more on US cuts.

So yeah, I'm totally not connected because I'm not following some pointless pop culture
            firstly,

1) Nobody said you need to know what they are doing from day to day. I'm sure everybody knows who the pope is, but we have no idea what he does on his yearly schedule.

2) Just because you like to keep up with certain world/political events doesn't mean you know what is going on in the world. Apparantly being well connected with the world means you have no idea who is getting married to whom in one of the most anticipated marriages in the past 50 years. Also this royal wedding is a huge world event. That's why it's going to be broadcast all over the world. You need to have your definition of 'world events' looked at and revised asap.

Comment

Honestly, if you haven't heard about this, then you really need to start watching the news because it's like all over the news.

Comment

I didn't get an invitation so fuck them.

Comment

Working...
                X