No announcement yet.

Booth in shock world title chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booth in shock world title chance

JASON BOOTH has been handed a shock world title chance against IBF bantamweight champion Steve Molitor.

The Nottingham slugger who has battled alcoholism and drug problems will meet the Canadian at an English venue on July 23.

Booth, 32, said: "Boxing is my detox and if it wasn't for my partner Sarita sticking by me, I would be dead.

"There is a lot of blackout when I was drunk and I did a lot of bad things to myself. I have broken my own heart. I didn't rob, steal or hurt anyone but it was self-destruct.

"The world title fight is such a bonus for me and now I want to win it so much. I am so lucky to have the things I do in life now.

"I am happy with what I have achieved in boxing, but thanks to my trainer Tony Harris, manager Jimmy Gill and promoter Frank Maloney I have an opportunity to do better."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...LE-CHANCE.html

Im really looking foward to this fight and am keeping my fingers crossed that Booth can pull it off, of coarse Molitor should win, but i hope Booth wins. For those who are not too familiar with Booth's style, he fights a bit square but is a busy fighter with a nice fluidity to his style, he also has a few old pro's tricks up his sleeve, a kinda domestic level old school fighter. Molitor is slick and better technically but as i said i hope Booth can pull off the upset.

great opportunity.....deserves the payday

Comment

Comment

I was wondering if you had heard about this DK,was going to message you

Im happy for booth,hes never had it easy

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          JASON BOOTH has been handed a shock world title chance against IBF bantamweight champion Steve Molitor.

The Nottingham slugger who has battled alcoholism and drug problems will meet the Canadian at an English venue on July 23.

Booth, 32, said: "Boxing is my detox and if it wasn't for my partner Sarita sticking by me, I would be dead.

"There is a lot of blackout when I was drunk and I did a lot of bad things to myself. I have broken my own heart. I didn't rob, steal or hurt anyone but it was self-destruct.

"The world title fight is such a bonus for me and now I want to win it so much. I am so lucky to have the things I do in life now.

"I am happy with what I have achieved in boxing, but thanks to my trainer Tony Harris, manager Jimmy Gill and promoter Frank Maloney I have an opportunity to do better."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...LE-CHANCE.html

Im really looking foward to this fight and am keeping my fingers crossed that Booth can pull it off, of coarse Molitor should win, but i hope Booth wins. For those who are not too familiar with Booth's style, he fights a bit square but is a busy fighter with a nice fluidity to his style, he also has a few old pro's tricks up his sleeve, a kinda domestic level old school fighter. Molitor is slick and better technically but as i said i hope Booth can pull off the upset.

welcome to the big time man....

Comment

I saw the title and thought for a second it was going to be Tony Booth!!

Comment

Working...
            X