No announcement yet.

To use or not to use...that is the question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To use or not to use...that is the question

I have been thinking this would be a good idea to have for a while. A thread dedicated to the steroid issue, where both sides fo the table can have their say and get their point across as to why they feel the way they do.

I have personally known quite a few guys that have used, some of them pro athletes (body builders and Rugby league players), some of them just guys that lifted and felt this would be the best way for them to maximise their potential. None of them have any side effects apart from some acne and the occassional temper fluctuation.

I haven't used and can say at this stage of my life/training, I wouldn't. If I was ever going to use, it would have been when I was about 18 and trying to make a go of playing Rugby as my profession. If I had used, perhaps I would have gone further, perhaps I would have been busted...who knows.

However, I am more interested in finding out why other people have decided to use and what their motivation is.

This isn't going to become a flaming thread but everyones opinions are welcome. All I ask is that everyone gets a chance to say their piece.

My opinion is if you dont have the natural ability, thats how it is, and if you need to juice to make it, you shouldnt be there in the first place.

Comment

i wont touch em
      If i am going to get in stronger or improve my fighting im gonna do it the real way, by putting in the long hard hours of training and working out
      They are unhealthy for you and can become addictive
      Its just aint natural
      If u take them in my opinion your a *****

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Chaos
        i wont touch em
        If i am going to get in stronger or improve my fighting im gonna do it the real way, by putting in the long hard hours of training and working out
        They are unhealthy for you and can become addictive
        Its just aint natural
        If u take them in my opinion your a *****
        But what about the guy that does all that for years, only to be continually second place cause of the guy who is also training just as hard, but is using also, giving him an edge? I can fully understand why he would do it.

Comment

Basically it comes down to this - are you willing to trade short term gains for long term health risks?

If the answer is yes, then use it.

For me, I'm a big believer in he who perseveres, wins.

- The Jake

Comment

Jake, I have a very similar outlook...but seriously, I can fully understand why people would do it to get the short term gains they want...

Dammit...where are some of the Pro steroid guys when you want them around?!

Comment

How many cycles have you done Gearedup?
              Do you compete at all?

How has using helped you ?

Comment

To me, it's like each their own but I cannot see how people could be so narrow sighted as to not see what they are doing to themselves.

I was friends with several pro bodybuilders and they explained their view of it like this:
                1) the biggest argument against steroids was that it would even out the playing field by having no chemical enhancement. How is that fair? One person might be producing more testosterone than the other. Result? Genetics find in their favor. When people start injecting, rightly or wrongly, testosterone production is eliminated from the game and it comes down to building size and shape, no matter how freaky.
                2) this is their fulltime occupation. it's not a hobby like most of us. if they lose a comp or don't get decent placing, this can **** them financially. they lose their sponsorships, they don't get prize money, it can really set a domino effect that ****s up every thing. So placing well means a lot to these career bodybuilders. Doubly so if they have families that rely on that income....

Again, not that I condone it, but that's the arguments as it was presented to me. Made me stop and think about it....

- The Jake

Comment

Don't bother with that ****. Steroids are a perfect way to destroy your life. You lose your hair, your money, and most of all, your health.

Comment

GearedUp -

do you get monthly health checks (ie. kindey/blood/urine checkups) by a doctor?

- The Jake

Comment

Working...
                    X