No announcement yet.

How To Know Your Ready?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOPitBull
    It's not that, your under a lot more stress when in an actual fight. You get tired much quicker, than you would relaxed in the gym wailing on a bag that you know won't hit back.

Bag work is a good preparation tool, but can't duplicate the feeling of a fight. Hard sparring will give you a much better indication of how a fight will feel.
    i know. Ive said on here b4 my training is about 99% sparring. its just that sometimes with sparring you can get so sharp coming up to a fight, you can toy with your partners and cruise thru the rounds, and not really get tested. Where as on the bag you know that you can test your fitness by pushing yourself.

Comment

i'm not gonna try to fight untill i am a complete physical monster with perfect technique and game. i want to destroy my opponent without breaking a sweat.

untill then, ill chill in the shadows

Comment

Originally posted by opethdrums
        i'm not gonna try to fight untill i am a complete physical monster with perfect technique and game. i want to destroy my opponent without breaking a sweat.

untill then, ill chill in the shadows
        even veterans in the game are still learning, so you might be in the shadows for a while. Y dont you learn on the job.

Comment

well i figured sparring would be a good way to guage my ability.

is it bad to wait too long before you fight?
          Last edited by opethdrums; 12-28-2005, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X