Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently HBO won't host Cotto's next fight unless Canelo is guaranteed next.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's understandable if Cotto doesn't want to face GGG. Cotto is a blown up welter/small jr middleweight. He just needs to vacate the title there.

Whereas, Cotto vs Canelo needs to be made. That's realistic, competitive, and a high demand fight.

Comment

Complete bluff, Cotto could fight a broomstick and his fans would still show up in large numbers to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Cotto would dump that belt before he's forced into a fight with GGG. He said so himself.
        Even better for HBO as GGG will surely get to fight for the title as the #1 contender. All HBO heads discuss is GGG wanting all the MW titles. Canelo is not guaranteed to fight GGG either.

HBO is choosing the fight that will make the most money over getting GGG a title fight. They have every right to do what they choose, but GGG needs to speak up about this.

If you were GGG, wouldn't you be pissed off at this?

Comment

Cotto is on borrowed time.

Comment

So they should.

TV networks want the best fights with the highest revenue and viewing figures.

Cotto v Alvatez ticks that box. There's no excuse for it not to happen.

I wish more networks put their foot down and raised the standard of opponent they're willing to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Even better for HBO as GGG will surely get to fight for the title as the #1 contender. All HBO heads discuss is GGG wanting all the MW titles. Canelo is not guaranteed to fight GGG either.

HBO is choosing the fight that will make the most money over getting GGG a title fight. They have every right to do what they choose, but GGG needs to speak up about this.

If you were GGG, wouldn't you be pissed off at this?
              Of course, but as GGG team has said...."we cant kidnap Cotto and force him to fight us". I believe they too know that Cotto has no intentions on fighting GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                there's always showtime. cotto is'nt kissing HBO's ass

If cotto goes too showtime he won't have any lucrative opponents.

No canelo
                No Golovkin

A Floyd rematch would be his only hope. And word is haymon don't wanna work with Jay z.

Comment

I admit I paid little attention, but didn't Alvarez walk away from Cotto? Is Alvarez being asked to make this same guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I admit I paid little attention, but didn't Alvarez walk away from Cotto? Is Alvarez being asked to make this same guarantee?
                    Alvarez didn't exactly walk away. Alvarez set a 5th deadline and Cotto didn't respond and let the deadline pass.

Cotto wasn't negotiating in good faith. He was negotiating with Roc Sports and seems intent on milking his new contract by delaying the Cotto-Canelo fight.

If he fights Canelo and loses, his remaining fights on his ROC deal will be less lucrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Of course, but as GGG team has said...."we cant kidnap Cotto and force him to fight us". I believe they too know that Cotto has no intentions on fighting GGG.
                      I'm asking about HBO? HBO is choosing to back Canelo instead of GGG in terms of getting the fight 1st.

Comment

Working...
                      X