No announcement yet.

Q&A: Andre Dirrell Targeting Ward, Froch, Abraham After Signing With 50 Cent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Why wouldn't you want Froch to rematch one of his toughest opponents?
    Because nobody would pay to see it?

Dirrell-Ward is the fight I want to see. It should've happend in the S6 but we know what 'happend' there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
      Because nobody would pay to see it?
      It wouldn't be ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        It wouldn't be ppv.
        I wasn't talking about TV.

Comment

Id be interested in an Abraham return because I think theres unfinished business there given the ending. Not fussed about a Froch rematch though cuz the fight was poor and not entertaining so why suffer it again?

Dirrel has great speed, athleticism, power, boxing ability but his mentality seems to be lacking and without that Im not sure he will ever fulfill his potential of his physical skills.

Comment

The Abraham-Stieglitz winner would be a good fight for November.

The British fans want no part of a Froch-Dirrell rematch, because though it was ugly, Dirrell was straight robbed in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

The British fans want no part of a Froch-Dirrell rematch, because though it was ugly, Dirrell was straight robbed in that fight.
              Would that be too quick a turn around? I mentioned a possible unification fight between the winner of that fight against Froch in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                Would that be too quick a turn around? I mentioned a possible unification fight between the winner of that fight against Froch in November.
                That may be the only problem. Wouldn't mind seeing Dirrell fight Sakio Bika in November either.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

? true, because mainly because it was a very boring "boxing" match - loose description given the farce it turned out to be (last 3 rounds aside).

Names like Kessler, Pavlik and even Oosthuizen hold more appeal because you're almost guaranteed an entertaining fight.

Regarding Dirrell, he's talking about these names but he's going to have to travel to secure them, the champs like Ward, Froch (and Abraham/Stieglitz) aren't going to head to Dirrell's backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    ? true, because mainly because it was a very boring "boxing" match - loose description given the farce it turned out to be (last 3 rounds aside).

Names like Kessler, Pavlik and even Oosthuizen hold more appeal because you're almost guaranteed an entertaining fight.

Regarding Dirrell, he's talking about these names but he's going to have to travel to secure them, the champs like Ward, Froch (and Abraham/Stieglitz) aren't going to head to Dirrell's backyard.
                    I'm just saying you'd think they'd want Froch to avenge what appeared to be a loss.

Comment

I guess I am in the minority because I don't think Dirrell has what it takes to be the best at 168 regardless of who manages him. I like his brother better. We'll see if 50 gets him a tittle shot in November and if he can win.

Comment

Working...
                      X