Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for June 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2013
    Golovkin has taken a substantial lead.

It's good to see most people are not prejudiced against him because he's from Kazakhstan.
    Why should they be? Why even bring it up?

Comment

It's definitely between Stevenson and Lara, as both pulled off significant upsets that really improved their stock.

However, for my money, Lara's victory is the more significant and impressive of the two.

Lara got up from multiple knock downs to score a very unlikely TKO, and really demonstrated a champions resilience and skill in doing so.

Honorable mention to:

Kovelev for beating yet another highly ranked fighter and setting himself up with multiple title opportunities.

Also, Genady Golovkin's complete dominance of Macklin has to be a consideration as well.

Comment

I voted for Stevenson.

Comment

Some really good contenders this month, my vote goes to Wlodarczyk.

Comment

People who choose GGG are obviously bias. Yeah the win was impressive but Macklin is a fringe contender at best.

Dawson was the lineal LHW champ and Adonis sparked him out in 1 round.

Comment

Op u should add the last months threads in there too

Comment

I got Stevenson or maidana

Comment

Paulie had the most impressive performance. He took Broner to school and showed a huge heart and great chin throughout the fight. He won more fans in defeat than Broner did in his gifted victory.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Op u should add the last months threads in there too
                    Okay, I've posted links in the opening post to the April and May threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                      Okay, I've posted links in the opening post to the April and May threads.
                      Nice, I like it. Great idea for these fighter of the month threads btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X