No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: "May 4th, whoever it is, it's going to be an exciting show"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    Do you think Floyd would consider fighting Martinez in September at 154?
    At 154 he would for sure, I don't think Sergio could make it comfortably. I think Martinez styles on him at 160 though unless Sergio suddenly fades overnight.

Comment

So he wants to fight twice in 2013? To be honest I find that hard to believe.. If true great because he can then fight Canelo at 154 and then Martinez at 160, I really don't wanna see him fight a Zombie in Martinez at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        So he wants to fight twice in 2013? To be honest I find that hard to believe.. If true great because he can then fight Canelo at 154 and then Martinez at 160, I really don't wanna see him fight a Zombie in Martinez at 154.
        Mayweather would never fight Martinez at 160, 154 is much more realistic. Martinez said he'd make 154 to fight him. He's a small MW so I'm not doubting he could.

Comment

Mayweather would never fight Martinez at 160, 154 is much more realistic. Martinez said he'd make 154 to fight him. He's a small MW so I'm not doubting he could.
          Im waiting to see how Sergio looks post sergury. Knee operations are the worst. IT will be a great fight if it happens.

Comment

Meh, Martinez would say anything because of the payday, if I see him fighting say next fight at 154 and he still retain his explosiveness without any sign of drainage then am all for a 154 fight.

Comment

Well....... He's fighting Guerrero.

Comment

hope fully floyd gets put to sleep too... talk about excitment! Its the end of a era for the ppv stars

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                  hope fully floyd gets put to sleep too... talk about excitment! Its the end of a era for the ppv stars
                  Lol I could see it not Internet servers shutting down, billboard adverts etc

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
                    I remember earlier Floyd said he had about 5 or 6 fights left. Hopefully it goes Canelo Martinez after I would hope Manny then maybe guerrero, trout, bradley or something like that and call it a career.
                    Floyd will say anything to promote his next fight. I'm certain his next fight would be Guerrero (in May) and promise to fight Canelo in September. That's only four months apart, which is highly unlikely.

Why can't he name his next fight in the first place? If it's Canelo, what's the big secrecy?

Comment

To me, it seems like Floyd is really in a no-win situation with a lot of fans. No matter who he fights, they will always discredit his level of opposition. And we're talking before he even steps into the ring next year. It's really insane to think that, short of him fight both the K brothers at the same time, he will still be consider a cherry picker if he fights anyone else. In my opinion, fights against Canelo and Martinez should put that criticism to rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X