Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Edgar didn't win that fight, then it was a draw.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Tribe
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    IMAGE#1

Bendo won that fight, close, but he won it. Oscar Gamble is smiling somewhere.
    Henderson didnt do **** to win that fight. His only significant strikes were kicks. He landed a punch here and there but thats it. Frankie won that fight. He was better at boxing, had the takedowns, the submission attempts and even the kicks in the last round. Frankie was the better fighter ALL AROUND. Only decisive round Henderson won was the 1st round and you couldve GIVEN him the 3 if you wanted to be nice since he was the champ. But the 2nd 4th and 5th belonged to Frankie. The dude got robbed once again. He shouldve won vs Maynard when he was given the Draw.

I used to like Henderson but as of late not very impressed with him. Got schooled by Showtime and lost to Frankie yesterday. Not to mention his showboating last night when he was doing absolutely ****.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I had it a draw, with the 5th possibly going either way. Too many people want to give it to Edgar for point fighting but Ben's power must be taken into consideration. They threw nearly as much but Edgar was more visibly affected and the judges are always moved by that. The only problem I have is that Frankie gave it all he had while Ben held back a little. Ben may have won but he deserves criticism for being content to cruise to a decision.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 08-12-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
        I had it a draw, with the 5th possibly going either way. Too many people want to give it to Edgar for point fighting but Ben's power must be taken into consideration. They threw nearly as much but Henderson was more visibly affected and the judges are always moved by that. The only problem I have is that Frankie gave it all he had while Ben held back a little. Ben may have won but he deserves criticism for being content to cruise to a decision.
        ?? how did Henderson "cruise to a decision"? he didnt do sh't. Edgar was the one who was "cruising to a decision". Bendo won only 1 round in reality and Edgar won 3 or 4 rounds (3rd round was a draw imo).
        official scorecards were a joke. Dana White clearly wanted to give the fight to Bendo so he can make Edgar move down in weight. Dana always says he doesnt know the judges and this and that, but the bottom line is its all bullsh't. he tells Joe Rogan before the fight which fighters he should talk up and in this case the judges were clearly told who they should give the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
          I had it a draw, with the 5th possibly going either way. Too many people want to give it to Edgar for point fighting but Ben's power must be taken into consideration. They threw nearly as much but Henderson was more visibly affected and the judges are always moved by that. The only problem I have is that Frankie gave it all he had while Ben held back a little. Ben may have won but he deserves criticism for being content to cruise to a decision.
          exactly what i think!!!!!!!

Comment

He edged Frankie in the 3rd with more meaningful (powerful) shots, kept up with him in the 4th but was cruising and Edgar took that round. In the 5th, Ben again cruised and matched him but didn't give enough to clearly take the round, IMO. Frankie certainly tried to take it, but really couldn't sell it.
            You may disagree but you're not articulating why you think it shouldn't have gone the way it did.

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            ?? how did Henderson "cruise to a decision"? he didnt do sh't. Edgar was the one who was "cruising to a decision". Bendo won only 1 round in reality and Edgar won 3 or 4 rounds (3rd round was a draw imo).
            official scorecards were a joke. Dana White clearly wanted to give the fight to Bendo so he can make Edgar move down in weight. Dana always says he doesnt know the judges and this and that, but the bottom line is its all bullsh't. he tells Joe Rogan before the fight which fighters he should talk up and in this case the judges were clearly told who they should give the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post

like when frankie dropped henderson, joe said it was a result of being off balance.

Comment

Does defense matter at all how many shots did edgar catch or block i counted around 20,how many did Henderson if he did i sure as fck didnt see them,anyways 2 times watching the fight and it is a crystal clear 48-47 edgar
                and to address those who say ben landed the harder shots,no fcking sht he had a 20 pd weight advantage like another poster said it was probably bought and paid for judges so Dana could move him down to there sorry ass 145 division the corruption in this sport is on par with boxing and getting worse by the day not even mentioning the bs monopoly they have on the sport.

Comment

it edgars fault for always relying on the judges
                  he's getting plenty of close fights going his favor so he has no right to complain
                  bendo won that fight for being awesome

Comment

no one tried to win the fight. by default, the edge goes to the champ. like the saying goes "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ." Frankie did **** all.

bendo is undisputed champion. deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X