Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murad reveals that Pacquiao would've been trained by Angelo Dundee or Slim Robinson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murad reveals that Pacquiao would've been trained by Angelo Dundee or Slim Robinson

"The most superstitious fighter would have to be Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao would not leave the Philippines unless he went past the gym that he was training in. Because of how big he became, if he didn't do nothing but hit that bag 2 to 3 times before he got on the airplane, he would do it. Pacquiao had to sleep on the floor with his native guys; not in the bed, but on the floor. He thought if he didn't do it, that would break his tradition and that's being very superstitious. Pacquiao also wanted to stay at the Vagabond Hotel, which he goes to right now because of his superstition. And last, but not least, one of the reasons he never left his trainer [Freddie Roach] is because he's superstitious and believes that he is winning with his trainer, so he will never leave him.

I'm going to tell you a story about Pacquiao that no one knew. His father asked me to pick 3 trainers and one of them was Freddie Roach. I didn't know Freddie Roach. I would have never picked Freddie Roach because I didn't know Freddie Roach. So I asked the question, "Who is Freddie Roach?" Pops said Freddie Roach was trained by Eddie Futch. I said, "Anybody that was trained by Eddie Futch is okay with me." I loved Eddie Futch. That's how Pacquiao ended up with Freddie Roach. I could have said, "Let him go to Angelo Dundee or Slim Robinson," or anyone of that nature and he would have went, but because they said Freddie Roach was with Eddie Futch and was trained by Eddie Futch, I said, "Okay then. That's the trainer." That's how Roach got into that position, but yeah, Pacquiao was the most superstitious boxer I ever met."

- Murad Muhammad

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7386.html
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    25.00%
    Maybe
    75.00%

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
    "The most superstitious fighter would have to be Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao would not leave the Philippines unless he went past the gym that he was training in. Because of how big he became, if he didn't do nothing but hit that bag 2 to 3 times before he got on the airplane, he would do it. Pacquiao had to sleep on the floor with his native guys; not in the bed, but on the floor. He thought if he didn't do it, that would break his tradition and that's being very superstitious. Pacquiao also wanted to stay at the Vagabond Hotel, which he goes to right now because of his superstition. And last, but not least, one of the reasons he never left his trainer [Freddie Roach] is because he's superstitious and believes that he is winning with his trainer, so he will never leave him.

I'm going to tell you a story about Pacquiao that no one knew. His father asked me to pick 3 trainers and one of them was Freddie Roach. I didn't know Freddie Roach. I would have never picked Freddie Roach because I didn't know Freddie Roach. So I asked the question, "Who is Freddie Roach?" Pops said Freddie Roach was trained by Eddie Futch. I said, "Anybody that was trained by Eddie Futch is okay with me." I loved Eddie Futch. That's how Pacquiao ended up with Freddie Roach. I could have said, "Let him go to Angelo Dundee or Slim Robinson," or anyone of that nature and he would have went, but because they said Freddie Roach was with Eddie Futch and was trained by Eddie Futch, I said, "Okay then. That's the trainer." That's how Roach got into that position, but yeah, Pacquiao was the most superstitious boxer I ever met."

- Murad Muhammad

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7386.html
    Erm Morales 1? Roach?

Comment

Yeah I referenced this article earlier, but anywho, Angelo Dundee? lol. He bet against Pac in the last three fights.

Comment

Working...
      X