No announcement yet.

Matthysse going to a psycologist and thinking of moving up to 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthysse going to a psycologist and thinking of moving up to 147

Hi. Lucas made some statements to the Argentinean press yesterday. I translated them and I'll copy them here.

"I'll probably start seeing a psychologist and move up in weight."

"I wasn't KO but I thought of my health first, because I'm young and I want to keep fighting. I heard that something cracked in my eye and I couldn't see, but now I'm fine."

"I know I could have done a lot better, I trained a lot for this fight. But it wasn't my day, I couldn't do anything well. My mind was a mess, my legs and arms were tied. I do this for my future, for my daughter and my family. I don't know what happened to me. Now I gotta think and start training again".

"This is the first time it happens to me, I didn't feel comfortable at all... it pisses me off since I've waited so long for an opportunity like this, and I had trained a lot and I always leave everything in the ring, and because there was so much expectation in Argentina and the rest of the world."

"I don't think that the fight was too much for me, I was calm, I've experience, I have 40 fights, I fought in big stadiums. I left the psycologist a long time ago, but probably I'll start visiting one again to see what happened to me... because to be honest I tell myself "damn, it already happened" and it pisses me off."

"I lost against the N°1 in the weight class, it's not that I lost against a bum. He was a good rival and for sure he has a merit for doing a better fight than I did. I contratulate him because he won. I feel that I'm better than him, but you gotta be there in the ring and prove it."

"I made a lot of fights in the US, the stadium was full of people wanting to see me. You have to see where I got, and no one can take that away from me. Now I will have to bear a los of things that people will say. Oscar told me "even the greatest fall. It's nothing, you've got to keep going" and I'll keep working to gain my chances again."

"I'm going to continue boxing, this is the sport I love. I'm not finished, I'm a fighter of life. This is my job and I want to continue. My team is up to the expectations, we made a good work. I know how they work in the US and other countries. They might have some better sparrings and stuff but it's not so different. Roach trains Pacquiao and against Mayweather he couldn't do anything and also got KO'ed in the fight with Marquez."

"These are just fights, my team is good and we proved it against Provodnikov who was a beast. When I beat him we were the best, and now we are the worst. For sure there are things to adjust and keep learning. These are experiences that this sport give to you."

"I fight because I like it. I don't do it for the money. I live well. The day that I don't want to train anymore, that day I will retire."

"I will probably move up in weight and I will have to fight for a chance like I always did. Make one or two fights and try to get a chance to fight for a world title."
    I don't want him to move up... but it's his decision. Maybe he feels he can do better at 147. Have even more power, who knows.

LMFAO!! did Lucas say "health first". lets see if it gets taken out of context and mocked going forward.

I think Lucas needs to learn how to stay composed. He personifies Tyson's " everyone has a plan until they get hit". He could also learn how to avoid being hit so much.

He definitely should keep fighting.

Comment

He needs to hire a pro trainer, move to the USA when preparing for his fights. He needs top notch spar partners so he is challenged to get into great shape not good shape. He needs opponents that move towards him not laterially.
      He needs opponents who don't have high work rates. He needs alot!

Ray

Comment

... Health first shameful coward smh just like floyd. BOOOOO we dont love you anymore QUITTER!!!!!!! Bye bye!! You quit and LET ALL YOUR FANS down including me.
        Last edited by The Problem Child; 10-06-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          LMFAO!! did Lucas say "health first". lets see if it gets taken out of context and mocked going forward.

I think Lucas needs to learn how to stay composed. He personifies Tyson's " everyone has a plan until they get hit". He could also learn how to avoid being hit so much.

He definitely should keep fighting.
          Take your Floyd glasses off. Not everything has to come down to the man who is now retired.

Comment

Man he shouldn't move up, he's quite small at 140. There's some good match ups for him at 147 though. He can fight Ali, Bradley, Rios, Brook and anyone else who isn't with PBC/Al.

Hopefully he can at least win a title at 147, he deserves it.

Comment

He may have meant physiotherapist, not psychologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                He may have meant physiotherapist, not psychologist.
                No, I translated them directly, I'm argentinean too. He clearly said Psychologist.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                  Take your Floyd glasses off. Not everything has to come down to the man who is now retired.
                  Are you a part of England's boxing cognoscenti?

Comment

I like Lucas. But if he's seriously thinking about moving up to 147, where his punches will be less effective, I'd advise the psychologist to slap the idea out of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X