No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Peterson The Best at 140, Beats Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simms601 View Post
    Besides Mayweather and Lopez, who hasn't Ortiz dropped? If you watch the Khan fight closely, those punches they called knock downs didn't even land, he slipped on the first knockdown called and the second one he fell over Khan's knee. People become so obsessed with mathysee's power, but dude has only one, one punch KO and that was against a green Mike Dallas. He has good power, but it's not like he's just knocking the hell out of people. Let's not forget, Judah doesn't have the best chin and after getting knocked down he still went on to win two of the last four rounds against Mathysee. We're not talking B or C level fighters that Mathysee knocks out, we're talking A level fighters. Peterson beats him.....
    I don't know how you score fights, but the only thing Zab did after the fifth was run. The same can be said about Alexander. And most people, including myself, believe Matthysse won both fights.

Think about it, why do you see Alexander and Judah run like crazy after the fifth? Do you really think they would've lasted if they stood in front of Lucas? They knew they had to get their running shoes on because if they didn't they were getting knocked out.

Also, Alexander and Judah have said that Lucas is one of the hardest punchers they have face. They themselves admitted that.

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
      I don't know how you score fights, but the only thing Zab did after the fifth was run. The same can be said about Alexander. And most people, including myself, believe Matthysse won both fights.

Think about it, why do you see Alexander and Judah run like crazy after the fifth? Do you really think they would've lasted if they stood in front of Lucas? They knew they had to get their running shoes on because if they didn't they were getting knocked out.

Also, Alexander and Judah have said that Lucas is one of the hardest punchers they have face. They themselves admitted that.
      You come off as a smart guy and have made some really good post in This thread bro..It's not called running it's called effective boxing..I thought Judah won, Alexander lost..But we have to stop with the running comments..The name of the game is to hit and not be hit, no need to stands in front of an opponent..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        The name of the game is to hit and not be hit, no need to stands in front of an opponent..
        You must be a big fan of Miguel Vasquez and his contemporary dance routine.

Comment

unless the bouts in DC again , w/average judging like the 1 last weekend w/Levin, Pernic, WBO,IBF, WBA judges that go 4 the $$, can't c Pete taking Lucas...

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
            Oh Timmy - the only way Lamont beats Lucas is the same way you "beat" Manny. A gift decision. Lamont is braver than you though and that will result in him getting knocked out.
            doubt that son. peterson is no micheal dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              You come off as a smart guy and have made some really good post in This thread bro..It's not called running it's called effective boxing..I thought Judah won, Alexander lost..But we have to stop with the running comments..The name of the game is to hit and not be hit, no need to stands in front of an opponent..
              I know the difference. But what Judah was doing was not effective boxing. The fight that comes to mind when I see a guy back peddling the whole fight but yet dominate was Mayweather vs Corrales. That was not the case with Judah against Lucas. Lucas was throwing more and landing more than Judah in the second half of the fight. And he was of course doing more damage with his punches than Judah ever did in the whole fight. So, I dont see how that was effective punching if Lucas threw more, landed more, and was the one who was doing more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by simms601 View Post
                Besides Mayweather and Lopez, who hasn't Ortiz dropped? If you watch the Khan fight closely, those punches they called knock downs didn't even land, he slipped on the first knockdown called and the second one he fell over Khan's knee. People become so obsessed with mathysee's power, but dude has only one, one punch KO and that was against a green Mike Dallas. He has good power, but it's not like he's just knocking the hell out of people. Let's not forget, Judah doesn't have the best chin and after getting knocked down he still went on to win two of the last four rounds against Mathysee. We're not talking B or C level fighters that Mathysee knocks out, we're talking A level fighters. Peterson beats him.....
                That would be fine if power was the only aspect of Matthysse's game. Hes a very skilled fighter, the way he positions himself, the shots he picks, his defense etc Then you have the added problem that he hits very hard and if you land on him its not going to affect him much.

Matthysse is very sound all round fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  doubt that son. peterson is no micheal dallas.
                  True that he's better than Dallas, son, but if u think he's going to beat Lucas hit me back. That is, if u don't want to bet points.

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                    I know the difference. But what Judah was doing was not effective boxing. The fight that comes to mind when I see a guy back peddling the whole fight but yet dominate was Mayweather vs Corrales. That was not the case with Judah against Lucas. Lucas was throwing more and landing more than Judah in the second half of the fight. And he was of course doing more damage with his punches than Judah ever did in the whole fight. So, I dont see how that was effective punching if Lucas threw more, landed more, and was the one who was doing more damage.
                    I don't really agree,but I don't really want to make this a back and forth about who we felt won Judah Matt's..I'm just saying,I and three judges and a lot of people felt Judah did enough to win that fight(meaning he did box effectively)..To claim Judah was running,when really he was turning Matt's and making him reset..That's just not right imo..

I have to say tho,Matt's has gotten better from that fight imo..He cuts the ring off a lot better instead of following..IMO no shame in Matt's losing that fight imo..

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                      You must be a big fan of Miguel Vasquez and his contemporary dance routine.
                      I like Vasquez,very good fighter..

Comment

Working...
                      X