Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's face it, In the rematch Maidana would...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's face it, In the rematch Maidana would...

Have to KO Floyd to win the fight. With out a doubt. He lost by 4 and 5 rounds on the cards in a virtual draw.

No ****ing way he wins a rematch on the cards, in Floyd's BACKYARD, with FLOYD having TWO MORE FIGHTS LEFT after the POTENTIAL September rematch.

You think they're going to cash Floyd out with 2 more fights left on his contract? HA. Keep dreaming. Remember, boxing is as much as a business as it is a sport.

Rematch would be possibly entertaining I suppose, but virtually pointless.

Floyd already won the first fight, but it was really close. I struggle to see a draw at this point for Maidana, and no way did Maidana win.....but Floyd didn't win more than 7 rounds IMO. It was close and Maidana laid leather on him, more than anyone other than Jose Luis Castillo, who I still believe is a way way better fighter than Maidana is.

I wouldn't mind the rematch for Floyd to set the record straight, 110%.

Comment

floyd has already openly said he will make the rematch "boring" and just outbox him easily, im not sure why he would say this if he wants to sell a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Floyd already won the first fight, but it was really close. I struggle to see a draw at this point for Maidana, and no way did Maidana win.....but Floyd didn't win more than 7 rounds IMO. It was close and Maidana laid leather on him, more than anyone other than Jose Luis Castillo, who I still believe is a way way better fighter than Maidana is.

I wouldn't mind the rematch for Floyd to set the record straight, 110%.
        A draw was there if they wanted to go that road, but the OP is right, Maidana needed a KO to win.

Rematch has to be with Maidana's preferred gloves and a ref that will allow the fighters to work on the inside.

He's not getting either, or a fair shake on the cards, so a rematch is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          A draw was there if they wanted to go that road, but the OP is right, Maidana needed a KO to win.

Rematch has to be with Maidana's preferred gloves and a ref that will allow the fighters to work on the inside.

He's not getting either, or a fair shake on the cards, so a rematch is pointless.
          as a maidana fan i would love to see the rematch, but i agree with the bold. but being fair to chino, who will get a fair shake against floyd in the score cards??

Comment

Maidana has put a lot of effort in first fight and earned his shot.

But lets get realistic here Maidana lost by 1 or 2 rounds and I don't see Maidana doing anything different in the rematch.

Comment

even if it will be boring, even if it will be flopped again, Mayweather doesn't care he would fight him again to preserve his undefeated cherrpicking record.

Comment

Working...
              X