No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: There is Serious Beef Between Brook and Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    It's nothing to do with knowing the British boxing scene. It's basic common sense. You are aware of the Froch-Groves II fight, yes?

Why would they do Khan-Brook in front of 20k in an indoor arena when they can do it in front of 60 or 80k outdoors?

Let's just not make the most money possibly! For someone who noshes off Al Haymon, your business acumen is fkin ****.
    I have been told by other posters Khan is not as popular in England as froch and that the froch groves fight was a unique occurrence. I agree with you to make as much money possible, I just don't know if this is a stadium fight for sure and I don't think its a good idea to risk Khan getting KTFO again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I have been told by other posters Khan is not as popular in England as froch and that the froch groves fight was a unique occurrence. I agree with you to make as much money possible, I just don't know if this is a stadium fight for sure and I don't think its a good idea to risk Khan getting KTFO again.
      If you don't know, now you know ninja

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Of course Khan-Brook is not a december fight. Come on people.

Vegas is not in the UK, and people don't pay $10.000 dollars for a ringside seat. It's a summer fight in a huge outdoor arena. That's the way it was always going to be.

Nothing wrong with Brook having a high profile homecoming fight in December to build for a Khan fight. Nothing at all.
        But hearn is saying the fight doesn't need to be built up. Added to that, Khan could get KTFO given his chin or might get the Floyd call.

It seems that right now the khan/brook fight is at its apex (again, I don't know what up with the British scene that much).

What happens if khan or brook loses-is the fight still a stadium fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          If you don't know, now you know ninja
          You know what, it might be better in a stadium. that way a terrorist can blow them, you and the rest of the English boxing cognoscenti up all at once. then we wont have to hear from any of you ever again.

Make sure you take slimshandy69 and gong to the fight with you. wouldn't want them to miss out on all the explosive action.

of course I hope no one gets seriously hurt except you, gong and slimshandy69

Comment

But hearn is saying the fight doesn't need to be built up. Added to that, Khan could get KTFO given his chin or might get the Floyd call.

It seems that right now the khan/brook fight is at its apex (again, I don't know what up with the British scene that much).

You weigh up the risk against the reward.

Comment

They're taking a page from Schaefer/Haymon playbook. So the Khan vs Brook fight has to be marinated first. It looks fine and dandy, but it's also dangerous. If one of them gets defeated in their next respective fights, their little super fight is screwed. It's gone forever... If you remember, Khan and Haymon were already talking for the Mayweather fight a day before the Danny Garcia fight. Who would have thought Khan would lose that fight in a devastating fashion? I could still picture Schaefer in Cotto's dressing room trying to pacify him when he lost to Trout... Schaefer was thinking, "Cotto vs Canelo is gone...I'm screwed."

Comment

You know what, it might be better in a stadium. that way a terrorist can blow them, you and the rest of the English boxing cognoscenti up all at once. then we wont have to hear from any of you ever again.

Make sure you take slimshandy69 and gong to the fight with you. wouldn't want them to miss out on all the explosive action.
                What the fuk????

Comment

yet he makes brooks vs rios.

hearns is worse than al haymon.

Comment

It doesn't need building per se, but it could do with it. You have to understand that Brook is not THAT BIG in the UK yet. He's a world champion, but having another fight at a regular time slot on Skysports - calling out Amir Khan afterwards would do wonders for the fight.

I don't know how big it would be. Probably not as big, but if Khan is any smart, he'll wait on making his decision as to who to fight next. there's no question Khan's #1 priority is to fight Floyd in May. 100%.

He needs to know whether or not he'll get that fight in early 2015 so he can set up the Brook fight. However, Khan will most likely have learned from his mistake will Alexander and fight a good opponent in December, but one he's more than capable of winning, like Guerrero.

If Khan loses, he loses. Then Kell Brook will point that out to make himself bigger.

Comment

Wrong! Khan is a House Hold name here in the Uk, this fight will be as big as Froch vs Groves.

Comment

Working...
                      X