Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Postol Did NOT Want To Fight or Exchange, He Ran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Postol wasn't trying to throw because he came off worse every time he did. He backed off every time there was an exchange.

Comment

Crawford countered him really well so many times Postol stepped in and it made him even more so hesitant. Postol was rattled several times in the fight. No excuses really the better man won.

Comment

Great performance by Crawford but silly statement. It's not like he was coming forward looking for a tear up himself. He t put on a great boxing clinic and certainly made Postol hesitant -- but he wasn't running FFS

Comment

Yes, Postol ran from Crawford at some points, Postol seems like he's one of those boxers who's mentally weak, like Chad Dawson. It angered me a lot the first time I was watching the fight, even though I was rooting for Crawford
          Last edited by g27region; 07-25-2016, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Yes, Postol ran from Crawford at some points, Postol seems like he's one of those boxers who's mentally weak, like Chad Dawson. It angered me a lot the first time I was watching the fight, even though I was rooting for Crawford
            "Postal" got stamped.

Comment

Crawford showed himself to be a superior boxer, his versatility is what won him the fight. He had a lot of tools he could reach for. Postol went into the fight touting a great jab, which was taken away immediately and he had no idea how to proceed and he was too slow to counter punch or even clinch and get in close.

Crawford is not the type of fighter who "runs." Crawford likes to fight, but he is a cerebral guy and he remembers to win and to do what works. He stops people, but Postol is a great fighter.

In round 10-12 Crawford did not look to me like a guy who was coasting to a win, he looked like he was still looking for the right shot to hurt Postol. I never expected a stoppage in this fight, both of these guys are too good, that's usually what happens when it's a well matched fight.

But it's 100% sour grapes for Postol to claim he was trying to make a fight of it, Postol was evasive and hesitant because Crawford got his respect and connected some sharp shots. Postol was never hurt in this fight but he felt that he could be and was safety first.

Crawford didn't fight safety first but he also didn't overextend himself at any point, because he was clearly ahead the entire time.

It depends how you watch the fight, as always. This was a really impressive outing for Crawford though. I can't think of anyone who can beat Crawford at 140 if Postol looked like THAT against him. Just totally lost.

I think Crawford needs to get into the 147 picture. He may not be able to stop as many guys up there, but nobody is beating him at 140 right now.

Crawford vs. Broner at 140 would be fun to watch though.

Comment

Freddie Roach school of boxing, "I lost, he ran"

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  He was using a lot of movement and lateral movement which was forcing Postol to come forward, by doing so took away his height and reach advantage and set up counter shots.

It's also textbook fighting style against excessive clinchers. We hardly saw any clinches because Crawford wouldn't let him do it. I said in another thread, trainers should use this fight tape to train their fighters whenever they are preparing to fight a clincher. This is how it's done. If he would have "stood his ground" the entire fight, it would have been nonstop clinch from Postol.
                  agreed. Crawford engaged throughout the fight, he just wheeled in order to deactivate Postol's height/ angle to set up shots with the jab. Postol complaining because Crawford didn't set his feet and punch with him isn't very convincing.

Comment

Crawford implemented a smart game plan, but I'm not sold on his chin at all, he seemed too wary of that beanpole Postol for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                      Postol was more aggressive in 12 round but when Crawford popped him in the mouth he started running away
                      LOL I notice that too!

Comment

Working...
                      X