Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Australia's Best Boxer At The Moment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Australia's Best Boxer At The Moment?

Who Is Australias best boxer at the moment? Well we could call it Australian pound for pound rankings?

After the oustanding fight and talent seen from the heavyweight bout between Kennedy and Smith on friday night both have been nominated.
    Vic Darchinyan
    0.00%
    Anthony Mundine
    60.00%
    Danny Green
    0.00%
    Michael Katsidis
    40.00%
    Billy Dib
    0.00%
    Paul Briggs
    0.00%
    Shannon Taylor
    0.00%
    Patt Kenedy
    0.00%
    Brett Smith
    0.00%
    Kali Meehan
    0.00%
    Last edited by Dick-Sucker; 10-16-2007, 09:23 PM.

There should only be about 7 names on that list Ult.

Comment

I'd have too say Anthony because he's accomplished more than any other australian fighter over the past 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by KoolWillie View Post
        I'd have too say Anthony because he's accomplished more than any other australian fighter over the past 2 years
        Yeah I agree but Katsidis is real close at 2nd. If he wins his next fight I'd have to give it to Katsidis.

But as far as skill, Mundine will be hard to beat for many years to come.

Comment

i voted katsidis on the fact i think he has more potential. BUT it was razor thin and i almost voted mundine.

Comment

Originally posted by infestacide View Post
            i voted katsidis on the fact i think he has more potential. BUT it was razor thin and i almost voted mundine.
            Hmm interesting. I originally had Mundine and Katsidis close. But like Brently said, i think Mundine has way to much skill. And unlike you, i think he is going to go a lot further over the next few years, than Katsidis (if eye heals). My reasoning is that Katsidis gets hit to easily, and its not going to be long until hes on the canvas. Saying that however it would be quite simple to fix his defence over the course of a couple of months, then he would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
              There should only be about 7 names on that list Ult.
              True mate. I was trying to stirr it up a bit. Hopefully Kennedy or Smith have a look on here and get a laugh out of it, instead of being down about my comments about them.

I do think Kali Meehan deserves to be on that list thought. Maybe not get any votes, but be on it, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
                Hmm interesting. I originally had Mundine and Katsidis close. But like Brently said, i think Mundine has way to much skill. And unlike you, i think he is going to go a lot further over the next few years, than Katsidis (if eye heals). My reasoning is that Katsidis gets hit to easily, and its not going to be long until hes on the canvas. Saying that however it would be quite simple to fix his defence over the course of a couple of months, then he would be awesome.
                If Mundine had the balls of Katsidis, Mundine would be a force, but since he doesn't I don't see him being the number #1 for much longer.

Comment

i voted for katsidis although mundine is probably the better out and out boxer.. however katsidis is the one in the states having a go so i have to give him my vote

Comment

Originally posted by KoolWillie View Post
                    Let's get something straight here Mundine can't call himself a 'Real Alphabet Champion' because his worst nightmare Ottke was champ and Kessler soundly beat him when he came over in 2005. Mundine is an 'Interim Paper Champ'! Get a copy of the Ring Magazine and look who the SMW World champ is, which is Joe Calzaghe currently! It would definitely have to go to Michael Katsidis hands down after his two recent wars in England and US. He's also acquired a huge fan base over in the States which every fighter ultimately craves. Soliman was the biggest mismatch in Australian Boxing History!

Comment

Working...
                    X