Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Fernando Vargas and Felix Trinidad ever be friends like Hopkins and De La Hoya?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Fernando Vargas and Felix Trinidad ever be friends like Hopkins and De La Hoya?

Is it possible or will they always be sworn enemies because of the ruthless, brutal damage they inflicted on each other?

Discuss.
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%

I voted no. They live a huge distance apart for one thing. If it was just up to Trinidad I am sure they could be friends. Vargas is not a friendly guy. He held a huge grudge against Oscar for almost nothing. If he doesn't like Trinidad that is not going to change. Trinidad and Oscar are friends now.

Comment

I don't think so either. Bernard and Oscar also had a financial incentive to become friends, if they weren't already, and I don't recall the level of animosity between those to as I do with Vargas and Trinidad... and pretty much everyone else. I don't know who Vargas was friendly with in boxing. He seemed like he was always mad at someone. I remember when he spat on Ross Thompson after he knocked him down.

Comment

If Vargas and Oscar Delahoya can I don't see why not

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I voted no. They live a huge distance apart for one thing. If it was just up to Trinidad I am sure they could be friends. Vargas is not a friendly guy. He held a huge grudge against Oscar for almost nothing. If he doesn't like Trinidad that is not going to change. Trinidad and Oscar are friends now.
          Originally posted by Bram View Post
          I don't think so either. Bernard and Oscar also had a financial incentive to become friends, if they weren't already, and I don't recall the level of animosity between those to as I do with Vargas and Trinidad... and pretty much everyone else. I don't know who Vargas was friendly with in boxing. He seemed like he was always mad at someone. I remember when he spat on Ross Thompson after he knocked him down.
          The way they fought each other in the ring... it's understandable if they never become friends. It was personal the way they were hitting one another.

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
          How could you ever be friends with someone who did this to you?

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
            BTW I voted yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
              Well Ross Thompson did sucker punch him at the press conference...

Comment

Vargas hated Oscar cause oscar laughed after he fell into a snowbank when they were together on an amateur tour.....

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  BTW I voted yes.
                  Time has past I don't see why not .l

Comment

No, because when the hand wrap incident happened with Hopkins Vargas jumpped on that opportunity and started to tell anybody who cared to listen. That that was why Tito was able to defeat him when they fought, he went on a campaign to discredit Tito's career. And still today when asked he sticks to his claims that Tito cheated against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X