No announcement yet.

Astrology In Fighting... Interesting perspective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrology In Fighting... Interesting perspective

Aries(Kelly Pavlik, Vlad Klitschko) is known as the most powerful zodiac followed by Scorpio(Miguel Cotto, Zab Judah). then I believe followed by Leo(Michael Grant, Paul Williams).

What I find interesting is that none of those 3 signs make for great fighters. All of them get dominated by Earth and some water signs for the most part.

The best fighters are usually Capricorns(Ali, Foreman, Hopkins), Virgos(James Toney, Lennox Lewis, Kostya Tszyu) and Cancers(Vitali Klitschko, Tyson, Dempsey). What's funny is that all 3 signs are feminine signs.

I believe astrology matters at the highest level. I think a perfect astrological fight was Ortiz vs Maidana. the most powerful water sign just completely overwhelms a more technical, better but weaker sign.

For example, it would be extremely difficult for you to find a Pisces or Aquarian all time great because they are usually the weaker signs of the zodiac.

anyone?
    Last edited by Rassclot; 06-12-2011, 04:25 PM.

oh and let me say I do recognize Floyd as a great technical fighter.... but he is a pisces.

Pisces fighters have serious short-comings usually. In MMA, Arlovski is a pisces. very weak chin. Floyd for example has very fragile hands and no bravery. What's interesting to note is that Floyd cries in public and postures to over-compensate a lot. Even thought everyone believse he'd beat Pac..... but what's most important is that I really don't believe he believes that. That is why the fight is not happening. Floyd is also not an All Time Great despite what you may want to believe.

Pac is a saggitarian(natural warriors).

Comment

That **** goes without saying.

Comment

Sorry, astrology seems like a bunch of crap to me. Correlation isn't necessary causation.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
          Sorry, astrology seems like a bunch of crap to me. Correlation isn't necessary causation.
          if it doesn't matter then why is sugar ray robinson, ray leonard, ali, sweet pea whitaker, frazier, foreman, lennox lewis, joe lewis, rocky marciano........ all earth signs?

earth signs are completely over-represented for a reason.

Comment

any other input on this?

Comment

if you want to make a point, you would need a bigger sample

I suggest you take 2 weight classes top 25 best fighters (Boxingscene ranking for example), and make astrological statistics out of it

handpicking great fighters through many weight classes doesn't cut it

Comment

Leo's......?

Comment

Originally posted by bearman3000 View Post
                  Leo's......?
                  They aren't the best prizefighters for whatever reason.

Out of the fire signs: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius, Sagittarius is the best influence for boxing. It usually helps with explosiveness, speed, agility, etc.

Sugar Ray Robinson had a Sagittarius Ascendant
                  Sugar Ray Leonard has a Sagittarius Ascendant
                  Henry Armstrong had a Sagittarius Sun
                  Mike Tyson has a Sagittarius Moon
                  Amir Khan is a Sagittarius Sun

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                    I believe astrology matters at the highest level. I think a perfect astrological fight was Ortiz vs Maidana. the most powerful water sign just completely overwhelms a more technical, better but weaker water sign.

Not sure what you meant, but Ortiz is an Aquarius (air sign).

And I've always thought Leo's were the most powerful sign.

Anyways, I find astrology intriguing.

Floyd being a Pisces is very interesting. Pisces are considered to be very talented, yet very doubtful of themselves. They can also be very self-destructive and unpredictable and tend to not listen to advise.

Pisces in general are very strange individuals to analyze. I am one, and that's what everyone tells me.

Certain signs are better for different professions, but that's not to say fighters will or won't be successful due to what sign they are.

We can pick on Floyd and Arlovski, but they are pretty damn successful in their sports and I'm sure they have beaten many opponents with much stronger and dominant signs.

Comment

Working...
                    X