No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) has a full plate for 2013, but the boxer and his team are still hungry to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

On April 27th in Argentina, Martinez will defend his title against unbeaten British contender Martin Murray. If Martinez wins, he will face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in a big fall rematch. Chavez still has to get licensed after failing a drug test following the September loss to Martinez, and he must win a probable return fight in May.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I doubt very much that Mayweather will allow a fight against Sergio. And why would anybody care to see a Martinez-Chavez Jr. rematch? Sergio totally dominated their fight for more than 11½ rounds. He took Chavez to school! It was one of the most one-sided, lopsided fights I ever saw! Because Chavez managed to drop Martinez once in the last round? That’s why they will have a rematch? Does everyone want to see Martinez beat the hell out of Chavez again for 12 rounds? A rematch makes no sense to me. Trust me people; lopsided fights are actually very boring to watch.

Comment

Chicken shit.

Comment

The truth is that martinez at 154 or 160 would proberly beat maywetaher badly.

And the other truth is that if mayweather gets layed out Pac style, he will commit suicide.

All in all the fight will never happen

Comment

Mayweather won't fight Martinez, he would pose too big a threat to his 0

Comment

I really hope this fight is made. I always thought it would be so much better than Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Comment

great fan's bout if it happens but I doubt it,but more of a chance this happening than anything w/the pretender Alvarez, who won't won't box any1 credible......Sergio will b bigger@'54, the only wt it can happen @ but FM will do everything Segio does, but better & win a UD 12, IMO...

Comment

If Mayweather decides to fight beyond May 4 and Sep 14 a final fight against Martinez would be great Mayweather skills are superior to Martinez he"d eat right hand after right hand his style won"t give Mayweather problems his size and strength will though

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  I really hope this fight is made. I always thought it would be so much better than Mayweather-Pacquiao.
                  as per above, the fight will NEVER happen. If Mayweather wouldn't fight Pacquiao even though he wouldve made 100 million, you think he's gonna fight Mazrtinez for 1/2 that amt and just as much risk

Comment

I agree mayweather would win, just like most thought May would beat Pac. He still won't do it though. everyone has to realize that May will choose every opponent at exactly the right time - look at his last group of opponents. other than Marquez (who had to move up 12 lbs for their foght), none have had any big wins since bc they were either past their prime (de la Hoya, Mosely, Cotto) or never really that good to begin wit (Ortiz)

Comment

Working...
                    X