• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny the green Munchkin won't fight

- a natural cruiserweight
    - a live opponent

Ross are both these things

Green will probably try to secure Tarver...

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post

- a live opponent

That is a live opponent in my view, he lost to Dawson but would have beaten the other 99% of LHW in the world.

No way Green would get past him, he just isn't skilled enough and Tarver is a bigger man with a great chin.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post

- a live opponent

tarver said on showtime recently he tried to get a fight with green but he didnt want none

guess hes not old washed up enough yet

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
          Danny Green beat two legends.........
          He beat a shot Roy Jones and who else. Roy in his prime would have killed Green with one hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            That is a live opponent in my view, he lost to Dawson but would have beaten the other 99% of LHW in the world.

No way Green would get past him, he just isn't skilled enough and Tarver is a bigger man with a great chin.
            Tarver is not finished, but he is not exactly a live opponent neither

and Tarver is not a natural cruiserweight
            Green would again ask for a catch-weight of 185 lbs

I wouldn't bet against Green if he fought Tarver

Tarver would be perfect because that he hasn't been active for a while too, as we know Green likes challenges

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              tarver said on showtime recently he tried to get a fight with green but he didnt want none

I heard that too...

maybe down the line when Tarver has been away for 3 years...

Comment

I'm a big Green fan, but the Briggs situation has done some damage. He needs to get a credible fight, but I think more importantly he needs to fight soon so I think he'll settle for Shane Cameron, who is 'live' but not that big a test after what Tua did to him. I would prefer to see him take on Troy Ross who has mouthed off about Green without knowing all the details of Briggs v Green. Ross faltered at his first real test in Cunningham but has dangerous knockout power. Even better if Green would take on Cunningham to silence the critics. Danny Green is a great fighter, but of late has taken a few pay day fights instead of legacy building fights that might not pay as well. I want to see him tested because he does have phenomenal power in both hands and of late when his fights have lasted, he has shown good patience to work out his opponent before going for the killer blow. I'll forgive if he takes the quick Cameron fight to get all the controversy behind him but needs to take the big fight after that, or else he loses a devout fan.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post

Geez, He's 41 years old and is coming off a what? Almost 2 year layoff. I seriously hope Green takes the challenge and fights Troy Ross otherwise he is going to become irrelevant. If he fights and beats Troy Ross then he will get recognition as one of the five or six best Cruiserweights in the world. If he ignores him and keeps fighting guys coming off massive lay-off's then people will just look at him as a paper champion.

Comment

Working...
                  X