Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punisher eager to face Martinez again ASAP (Great Williams Interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that was a classic fight too.

Comment

I have the fight DVR'd since I was at a wedding, didnt get time to catch it yet. But it sounded like it was a close fight. That was good of him to admit Sergio won more than just 1 round. He couldve easily given the lame line "I wasnt a judge in the fight" 3 weeks was a short time to prepare for both of them. Im sure the 2nd fight will have more time for both fighters to train for each other.

Comment

punisher by TKo within 8.

Comment

That was a great fight and two incredible performances by Williams and Martinez. These guys took bombs and fought back. I also thought this was a pretty good performance by Max Kellerman - I really wanted to tune Lampley and Steward out. There's a point in the latter rounds where they ridicule Peterson for telling Williams to throw right hooks then Paul goes out and lands a whole bunch of them. Lamps was squirting over Martinez and Steward kept talking about the difference in upbringing - did Sergio grow up in Bel Air or something? Give me a break.

I hardly score fights all the way through (if it's good, I usually discard it around round eight) but I thought Williams won the fight. And I thought he earned it. Props to Martinez, he is no loser. I'd love to see it again but a greater part of me wants to see some other fighters nut up and take on one of these warriors. They don't deserve playing in front of sparse crowds, given their heart and skill level. And as fans, we should demand that.

Comment

I think this definitely wasn't his best fight, and yet he found a way to win. I don't like rematches unless one is definitely called for. This fight was close but no robbery. I felt the right guy won. Paul should fight Pavlik next. Then maybe Martinez and him can fight in a unification match for the titles at 154 and 160.

Comment

VERY GOOD INTERVIEW A CLASS ACT .. gave martinez his props he deserved i see paul coming in better prepared and winning another close one ..but martinez is not 2 be taken lightly i was @ the fight it was insaneeee ...oh man i cant wait 4 the re match

Comment

Rematch, undercard of Pac-Mayweather

oh sorry I mean Mayweather-Pac

Comment

PWill is definitely a fan's fighter

I just rewatched the bout. I still think Martinez won the fight on the strength of his clean, effective punches. They both hurt each other, but he had more of those moments than Paul did.

It wasn't PWill's fault, though, and they should settle the issue in the ring.

As for Paul, you can't help but like him. He does nothing but whup ass in the ring and is really down to earth outside of it.

A real homie.

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                    i think him and martinez should both go and get better name fights and bring it back for the rematch after them...they have the opportunity to bring the 154-160 division to the front stage and really set **** off...
                    Just imagine how good JMW would have with the homie in your sig in the cards. How do you think he'd have fared against PWill?

Comment

Working...
                    X