No announcement yet.

Biggest "tune up" disasters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest "tune up" disasters

Fighter takes an easy tune up or stay busy fight before a planned much bigger fight only to lose or get injured. Name some that come to mind.

I'm trying to think of the name, but dude was getting ready to have a big money fight against De La Hoya and blew it by getting owned by his tune up.

Can't recall the name right now.

Comment

Going back a bit, but SRL's comeback fight against Kevin Howard didnt go too well for him. He looked like crap, tasted the canvas and didnt fight again until offered an absolutely enormous sum to face Hagler three years later.

Comment

Ortiz blew a big fight against Canelo by losing to the seemingly undermatched Lopez. Can't really blame him though, the red headed one posses some crazy omen against future opponent.

Comment

ray mercer\jesse ferguson is one of them. he allegedly offered him $100000 to take a dive because he had a title shot lined up vs Bowe. he lost out on millions.

Comment

it should have been: Zaheer Raheem vs Erik Morales.

Comment

My mind is completely blank right now but who was the guy that was going to fight Floyd, he was talking nonstop ***** and lost i believe on the same card as Floyd?

Comment

I think this was Judah's loss to Baldomir. But Kirkland's loss to Ishida was also pretty surprising
                Last edited by megh50; 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
                  I think this was Judah's loss to Baldomir
                  Vivian Harris on the Floyd/Gatti under card. He got his ass whipped by Maussa.

Or am I wrong?

sorry, quoted the wrong post.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                    Vivian Harris on the Floyd/Gatti under card. He got his ass whipped by Maussa.

Or am I wrong?

sorry, quoted the wrong post.
                    Wasn't Derrick Gainer another one? I forgot on which card he fought but he got scared ****less of Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X