No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Has Serious Doubts That Gamboa is Serious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner Has Serious Doubts That Gamboa is Serious

Adrien Broner has used 2012 as his year to breakout as one of boxing’s biggest stars. The Cincinnati native has captivated people with his skill inside the ring and with his playful antics outside of it.

There is much speculation as to who Broner will be facing next. A date of February 16th has been set aside for Broner but an opponent is still being worked on. Rick Reeno reported a fight with Ricky Burns is currently being talked about but nothing has been finalized.

One fight in particular many boxing fans are looking at is one between Broner and fast hand Cuban Yuriorkis Gamboa who made his return to the ring this month after a 15 month layoff. Gamboa is also one of the fighters signed 50 Cent’s new promotional company SMS Promotions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Broner needs to get KTFO. He's good, though. It's going to take a good fighter to shut that stupid mouth of his up.

Comment

Broner talks like someone who is making Mayweather money for every fight he's in. He's a very good fighter, but he still needs to do a fair bit of work before he becomes the star attraction that he already see's himself as.

Comment

What pay day?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          What pay day?
          exactly what i was thinking
          Last edited by onechance87; 12-19-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Broner talks like someone who is making Mayweather money for every fight he's in. He's a very good fighter, but he still needs to do a fair bit of work before he becomes the star attraction that he already see's himself as.
            That's his approach to self-promotion. Maybe he thinks if he says it often enough, it'll come true. I will say, though, it has worked in the past. A fighter with a big mouth remains undefeated long enough and people start to pay just to see it shut. I can see Broner being that guy. He's got ability, an annoying enough persona and a mouth.

Comment

LOL Broner a joke, but hell murder Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                What pay day?
                I think that was his point. That there isn't one. I don't think he meant that fighting him is a payday. Just the opposite. Other fighters come expecting big pay days to fight Broner, but when they find out there really isn't a lot of money, they stop being interested. Ricky Burns ridiculously wanting $800k for example. Hence "they're nuts" asking for so much money.
                Last edited by BlueBettle; 12-19-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

i think at this point broner is making more money than gamboa, but yea hes reaching with that 'pay day' stuff

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    True, but he is at the point now where he can be considered an "attraction" his fight attendance is comparable to Floyd when he was 23. Floyd had fought better opposition and was more accomplished though, Broner will probably make it to the 5-8 million dollar payday range but I don't see him making Mayweather money..

Comment

Working...
                    X