No announcement yet.

Why Mayweather is so eager to fight again in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Canelo won't qualify as "the best". Neither would Khan. It's Martinez or nothing. Beating fighters he's supposed to beat won't get him top 10/5 atg. No way no how. You're crazy if you can't name 10 fighters all time that could beat Floyd between 160-130, simply crazy.
    130-140 Floyd could arguably beat all the ATG's at that weight. 147 isn't his best weight but he still could beat many ATG's at that weight. I don't know why you even added 160, **** made no sense. I posted this before but JUST FOR YOU I will put it again.

Sometimes you say smart **** and sometimes you really spout a bunch of posts from out of your ass. "Floyd is ducking Martinez for Canelo" what a crock of ****. They are both viable options and Martinez plans on fighting Chavez at the end of this year, THERE WOULD BE NO TIME for a Mayweather-Martinez fight at the end of this year so STOP with that line of thinking because it's wrong POINT BLANK PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      130-140 Floyd could arguably beat all the ATG's at that weight. 147 isn't his best weight but he still could beat many ATG's at that weight. I don't know why you even added 160, **** made no sense. I posted this before but JUST FOR YOU I will put it again.

Sometimes you say smart **** and sometimes you really spout a bunch of posts from out of your ass. "Floyd is ducking Martinez for Canelo" what a crock of ****. They are both viable options and Martinez plans on fighting Chavez at the end of this year, THERE WOULD BE NO TIME for a Mayweather-Martinez fight at the end of this year so STOP with that line of thinking because it's wrong POINT BLANK PERIOD.
      I posted 160 because many welterweight atg's proved their mettle at 160. Duran, SRL, SRR, Hearns, hell even Oscar & Tito did. Beating Gatti at 140 isn't really anything to brag about, neither a drained Corrales. Not when guys like Duran, Chavez, Taylor, Prior ect, ect retired the side & gave those weight classes the business. Lil Floyd bossing in fighters he's supposed to beat don't cut it. BTW I answered you in the last tread.

Comment

he would be the fav in a sergio fight to so how does that work? how would he be challenging himself if he is the favorite.

Comment

I posted 160 because many welterweight atg's proved their mettle at 160. Duran, SRL, SRR, Hearns, hell even Oscar & Tito did. Beating Gatti at 140 isn't really anything to brag about, neither a drained Corrales. Not when guys like Duran, Chavez, Taylor, Prior ect, ect retired the side & gave those weight classes the business. Lil Floyd bossing in fighters he's supposed to beat don't cut it. BTW I answered you in the last tread.
          Floyd isn't there size and has never fought at 160 so that is a moot point. 130-147 you can make a case he beats them all. I always say his ability to adapt to any style is his best and probably the most important attribute in boxing. It's the reason he is an ATG (he is already top 5 skills and gifts wise but his resume is still catching up).

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian View Post
            this is just my opinion, but if he fights again in 2012, then he might be able to use that as a grounds for appeal of to his jail sentence....

....Floyd staying out of jail is essentially good because it forces Mayweather to fight more often, which is good for us boxing fans. Love them or hate them we all tune in for money team or pacman fights.
            Staying out of gaol is not good for boxing per se, as, until now he's always had suspended sentences and still was not boxing. But the efforts Mayweather might make to stay out could be good, if it means more boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Floyd isn't there size and has never fought at 160 so that is a moot point. 130-147 you can make a case he beats them all. I always say his ability to adapt to any style is his best and probably the most important attribute in boxing. It's the reason he is an ATG (he is already top 5 skills and gifts wise but his resume is still catching up).
              Its quite telling about a fighters career when hes two years away from retirement and hes still building up his resume. Every other fighter at that point is winding down his resume and Floyd is still building it up. Lol top. Five to ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
                He said it himself that a fight needs 6 months to promote.
                That's not true though. His fight with Mosley was announced a little over 3 months in advance, same with Ortiz and this fight with Cotto. It doesn't take 6 months.

Comment

A drained Corrales??? Is that the next fight people are going back to discredit now??? Corrales had always fought at 130, and would on to beat Freitas and Casamayor at 130 lbs after he lost to Floyd. Don't give me weight drained.

Comment

Canelo won't qualify as "the best". Neither would Khan. It's Martinez or nothing. Beating fighters he's supposed to beat won't get him top 10/5 atg. No way no how. You're crazy if you can't name 10 fighters all time that could beat Floyd between 160-130, simply crazy.
                    Floyd will never get inside the Top 10 GOAT, never. He would have never had a chance.

If he beats Manny and/or Sergio, along with Khan-Canelo-Cotto, he'd be around the Top 15-20 no doubt about it.

If he does fight in December, Sergio and Pac aren't realistic at all. Sergio, if all goes how it's suppose to, is going to fight Chavez in October it looks like. No way in hell he fights 2 months after that. He'd most likely return in March-May 2013 after a Chavez/Lee fight. Pac isn't happening until at least 2013, confirmed by Arum and Schaeafer, that's a pipe dream.

His options for December 2012 are a little limited. He could fight Alvarez, but it's only a good B/B+ fight if Alvarez beats a Top SWW first in September, someone like Molina or Kirkland most likely. Berto could be an option, if he beats Ortiz. He will have wins over Collazo, Hernandez, Zaveck, and Ortiz, and would most likely be the next best WW after Floyd and Pac. Khan is also an option, though it seems like GBP wants him to have a fight or two at WW first. Khan would be a B-/B fight, good/solid, but not really good or great. Khan needs to beat a Top WW first in my opinion.

The bottom line is that if he returns in December, how is he ducking Sergio, if Sergio is reportedly committed to fighting the Chavez/Lee winner in October???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      That's not true though. His fight with Mosley was announced a little over 3 months in advance, same with Ortiz and this fight with Cotto. It doesn't take 6 months.
                      Six months was one of his excuses to duck Margarito. The only people who believed six months were Floyds minions.

Comment

Working...
                      X