Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxing Bob

Weebler, you usually have great posts sans anything involving Hatton/Mayweather/Cortez, but do you really think Steiglitz has a shot vs Ward? Not now, not ever, the gap in pure boxing talent is HUGE!

Styles make fights. I'm not sure if you watched the fight last night but if Stieglitz comes out rough-house like that then imo Ward's going to be in a fight, at least early on.

Andre Ward is a great fighter, probably the best in the sport but he's not a God, remember Arthur Abraham was taking rounds off him early on.

Maybe I'm on my own with this, but if people don't think it's competitive then they shouldn't say they want to see the fight, why you want to watch an uncompetitive fight?
    cos he's the best option as kev pointed out early on in the thread. better for ward to prove he's better in the ring than fight someone less deserving who he'd also easily beat. ward more than likely beats everyone around his weight without a huge amount of difficulty, he cant sit and scratch himself for the next year

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Lol Wot

Steigletz is distinctly average, he has gone 1-1 with the distinctly average midget Abraham and was ktfo by the distinctly average Andrade

outside of that all he's fought is domestic level eurobums

Ward kills him and Groves probably beats him
      basically this. this has more to do with abraham being horribly domestic level and vastly overrated more than it does stiegz being some kind of world beater.

Comment

Well Ward did cherrypick Pavlik, who's far more irrelevant than RS. I'd be completely satisfied with this fight tbh. If Ward does not move up to 175, this is the only reasonable fight left.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Dirrell is Dirrellevent
          Haha. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Well Ward did cherrypick Pavlik, who's far more irrelevant than RS. I'd be completely satisfied with this fight tbh. If Ward does not move up to 175, this is the only reasonable fight left.
            Put it this way: There are a lot of worse fights than Stieglitz out there for Ward. However, I doubt they would put it on PPV. I would like to see Ward - Bute still, maybe that's just me?

Comment

is this the same Stieglitz that got stopped by Andrade?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Put it this way: There are a lot of worse fights than Stieglitz out there for Ward. However, I doubt they would put it on PPV. I would like to see Ward - Bute still, maybe that's just me?
                Why would it need to be ppv. I'm the fight fan that stays far far away from ppv. Let's be honest here, if Froch/Ward wasn'tt ppv, why would this 1 be?

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                  is this the same Stieglitz that got stopped by Andrade?
                  That was a while back but keep in mind that even Lucian Bute almost got stopped by Andrade.

Sakio Bika against George Groves would be interesting. That would be a real test of what the kid's got.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-24-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I was surprised when I watched the fight yesterday, Stieglitz seemed to be whooping up on AA with ease. I don't know how he lost the first match against him. Stieglitz is a pretty big guy and if he fought Ward with the same aggression that he fought Abraham with, I think Ward would have some issues with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Sure why not? There is no one else to fight.

Plus, this poster alone was pure genius and deserves massive props:
                      LMAO, that is awesome. Stieglitz is the man, I like it. I want to see him fight one of the other guys at 168 like Ward or the winner of the Kessler-Froch match.

Comment

Working...
                      X