No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Ready To Finalize Chavez Jr. Deal For June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
    How did he burn Dibella you think he was the one calling the shots?get real would you Lou told him he had a fair shot at a world title and he felt it was worth going for a world title is not something you pass up.
    HE WASN'T PROMISED A SHOT!!!!! He DROPPED out of the New York show with NO guarantee or promise of a shot at Sturm and Sturm chose someone else!!!!! He BURNED everyone on a false hope!! And that was AFTER he declined Quillin knowing he would get beat. Get it? Got it? Good!
    Last edited by richardt; 02-25-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Don't forget Europe

Andy Lee has a huge European following. He cannot walk the streets of Ireland without being mobbed by fans.

Comment

Chavez Jr ducking Martinez like Martinez ducking Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Chavez Jr ducking Martinez like Martinez ducking Pirog.
          Oh, the Pirog that is ready to retire and doesn't want to fight golovkin?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Oh, the Pirog that is ready to retire and doesn't want to fight golovkin?
            Sure you got me there but it doesn't change the fact that Martinez has ducked Pirog longer.

I used to really like Martinez but once he turned into a diva it went downhill.

Comment

This should be a good fight if made. I believe the Irish and Mexican have a lot in common as a people and our cultures are similar. I would love to see Chavez get beaten by an Irishman, but I doubt Lee would do it.

Comment

[QUOTE=devok088;11822700]Andy Lee has a huge European following. QUOTE]He also had a huge New York following, some who bought transportation and accomodations to see him that were BURNED when he went mental and pulled out of the St. Pat show based on a stupid pipe dream about fighting Sturm. Good one Lee. All he had to do Just say Quillin was too difficult instead of playing games.
                Last edited by richardt; 02-25-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr. Fantastic;11822744]Sure you got me there but it doesn't change the fact that Martinez has ducked Pirog longer. QUOTE], Problem is Pirog was a no name and Martinez is a huge name and Chavez, also a big name, owed Martinez a shot to get HIS titles back. Pirog did NOTHING to capitalize on his one punch KO on national TV. He went from TV to the back of a milk carton in 90 seconds. Pirog should have had 5 fights by now cause the guy can fight. I waited to see more of him but he proved that the world is flat by dropping off the side and into the abyss.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    HE WASN'T PROMISED A SHOT!!!!! He DROPPED out of the New York show with NO guarantee or promise of a shot at Sturm and Sturm chose someone else!!!!! He BURNED everyone on a false hope!! And that was AFTER he declined Quillin knowing he would get beat. Get it? Got it? Good!
                    "Lou told him he had a fair shot at a world title" does this mean promised no it does not.Secondly why does Andy Lee need to pay a promoter if hes the one calling the shots?since you seem to think he going is the one talking to others about potential fights and pulling himself off cards on his own accord .Thirdly outside off Mcewan who has Quilin beaten to have become such a monster.Since you will likely bring up some moments from Andys career wasnt Quilin on queer street from Dionasio Miranda?Also he has had little to no amateur pedigree.Get it?Got it?Good!

Comment

And after this fight he's going to fight Martinez ... LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X