Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAY PER VIEW....Worth Your Money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm never happy dishing out money, but the Pac-Marquez card was a great one, I liked the first 2 fights and the Main Event, the Bradley fight was too easy for him, but 3 out of 4 great fights is a SOLID night for PPV.

Comment

The only one I personally bought was Dawson-B-hop because there were no parties being thrown that night, I knew that fight and card were not going to be good but I wanted to see it anyhow. It was not worth the money no doubt but I wasn't even sad about it and would do it again.

The other fights I watched at parties and only brought a case beer to each, so it was worth it to me because I got to talk mad smack to people who think they know about boxing.

Comment

I thought Floyd/Ortiz an Pac/Marquez 3 were both worth my money, Pac/Mosely was a huge waste

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          This thread is not to denigrate or insult any fighter in particular. Just a recap of this year's major PPV fights (so far).

Pacquiao-Mosley: A huge disappointment that left the arena audience booing the participants by round 8, and the home PPV buyers feeling they misspent $60. As soon as Mosley got hit, he refused to engage. Pacquiao seemed unable to step on the gas to give the fans the satisfying finish they wanted.

Mayweather-Ortiz: A definitive finish, but certainly not the way the fans wanted. Again, the arena was booing the announcement. Ortiz' foul prompted Floyd's retaliation. Legal? Yes. Satisfying? Nay.

Hopkins-Dawson: More boos. Notice a trend here? Dawson made a somewhat questionable move, and Hopkins sustained an even more questionable injury.

Pacquiao-Marquez 3: Nobody happy. Boos, for sure. This time accompanied by airborne beer. Nobody walked away happy. Pacquiao fans wanted definitive closure via an impressive performance. Marquez fans (and Pacquiao detractors) wanted what they perceived as a "fair" judgment.

DID PPV BUYERS GET THEIR MONEY'S WORTH THIS YEAR?
          This is boxing. It is a sport that the main event can last 10 seconds of excitement to 36 minutes of boredom. We can never really expect what will happen and how good it can be, but that is what makes us enjoy it. I think Boxing fans love to anaylse, read up and we anticipate. Sometimes we are let down, but then the best relationships with a partner are up and down.

PS. What was Khan VS Judah ratings please.

Comment

Good breakdown, this years PPVs as a whole have been disappointing

Mind... Cotto-Margs II is just around the corner, and i'll be very surprised if that doesn't deliver

Comment

I buy fights, I stream fights. At the end of the day, Ill buy what appeals to me. I'm not going to buy a fight simply because it's Boxing. I love Hip Hop, but damn if Im going to buy every album because it's branded "Hip Hop".

Comment

I think PPV's should only be for the Superfights. I used to order every PPV here in England from Haye v Klitschko to Khan vs Salita but I'm not doing it anymore, times are hard. I'd rather just download it the next day off of here.

Comment

in england the ppv fights have recently been moved 2 ppv on primetime but because primetime only really does ppv not tht many people watch it so the sales 4 them r really crap, when khan vs judah was on it it did less than 50,000 buys which didnt give khan the money he wanted which is y he has moved back 2 sky, they have loads of people watching so can give him more through sponsors etc which is good as we only have 2 pay 4 sky (like hbo) n we have cricket, football, f1, golf, rugby etc plus all the big fights like ward/froch n khan/peterson. This is what should happen on normal hbo, some1 said earlier tht if ppv didnt happened then top level fighters wouldnt make serious money but mayweather got $25mil b4 ppv money n pac got $22mil b4 ppv money which isnt bad 4 1 nights work

Comment

Working...
                  X