Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten greatest Green Teef films I ever saw...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Snatch is good, Brick Top is an awesome character.

"Oi'm an 'orrible cant."
    He's quite the poet is old Brick Top.

Some of my favourites are, "Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible ****, me.

And of course, "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?"

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Brian Glover was immense in that film.

co sign...
      i think i discovered this movie from the recommendation of a boxingscene poster

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhook View Post
        He's quite the poet is old Brick Top.

Some of my favourites are, "Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible ****, me.

And of course, "In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?"

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          'Snatch' was simply decent in my opinion. Though it should be noted that I was pretty ****ing worn out on the seemingly endless stream of 'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels' ripoffs that were emerging from the British cinema at the time. It seemed as if there was a new "incompatible group of lowlife British criminals who speak c*ckney and steal something" film out every month.
          Yes, I can understand that. The screenwriting for Snatch was a cut above the others in my opinion.

Comment

christian bale is british?

Comment

The Elephant Man

Zulu

Dead mans shoes

Shaun of the dead

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                'Snatch' was simply decent in my opinion.

Though it should be noted that I was pretty ****ing worn out on the seemingly endless stream of 'Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels' ripoffs that were emerging from the British cinema at the time. It seemed as if there was a new "incompatible group of lowlife British criminals who speak c*ckney and steal something" film out every month.
                Those films are like post-modern parodies of genuine UK gangster movies, crime movies made by film students who have watched crime movies. Yeah, Snatch was... okay... but there is no way in Hell a Guy Richie movie is even near the top 100 British movies ever made, much less alone top 10.

This thread has reminded me of how many good ones there were in the past though, and I haven't even seen even Lean movie.

Kes was another one. "Eh up, mam, e's killed us kestrel and owt, innit?"

Comment

Shaun of the Dead can **** off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy View Post
                    christian bale is british?
                    He was born in Wales, though speaks with an English accent. Often he stays in character, which is why his infamous leaked rant was in a semi-Yank accent.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Shaun of the Dead can **** off as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X