No announcement yet.

Bisping vs Henderson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bisping vs Henderson

So it's pretty much a 100% guarantee that they will fight unless there is a rule change/freak injury. Who do you think takes this fight and why?

My Analysis:
    So we have Michael Bisping, a former Light Heavyweight prospect and now a Middleweight force. Since dropping down to Middleweight in April of 2008, I've seen a quicker, sharper Bisping than ever before.
    Now for Dan Henderson, a solid, Heavy-handed, granite-chinned, experienced Greco Roman Wrestler. Henderson has proven himself against top competition by holding brutal KO victories over high ranked fighters such as Renzo Gracie, Akihiro Gono, Murilo Bustamante and Wanderlei Silva.

The way I see it:
    Striking - Henderson. Heavy hands and "Rock Head" as Quinton Jackson has said.
    Wrestling - Henderson. Greco Roman Champion with good takedown defense, 'nuff said
    Submissions - Bisping. Though neither of these guys show very flashy ground skills, I believe Bisping has more victories via Submission.

My Pick: Dan Henderson via Unanimous Decision.
    Michael Bisping
    14.29%
    Dan Henderson
    85.71%

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
    So it's pretty much a 100% guarantee that they will fight unless there is a rule change/freak injury. Who do you think takes this fight and why?

My Analysis:
    So we have Michael Bisping, a former Light Heavyweight prospect and now a Middleweight force. Since dropping down to Middleweight in April of 2008, I've seen a quicker, sharper Bisping than ever before.
    Now for Dan Henderson, a solid, Heavy-handed, granite-chinned, experienced Greco Roman Wrestler. Henderson has proven himself against top competition by holding brutal KO victories over high ranked fighters such as Renzo Gracie, Akihiro Gono, Murilo Bustamante and Wanderlei Silva.

The way I see it:
    Striking - Henderson. Heavy hands and "Rock Head" as Quinton Jackson has said.
    Wrestling - Henderson. Greco Roman Champion with good takedown defense, 'nuff said
    Submissions - Bisping. Though neither of these guys show very flashy ground skills, I believe Bisping has more victories via Submission.

My Pick: Dan Henderson via Unanimous Decision.
    Agree with everything other than the striking advantage. Having heavy hands a solid chin doesn't equal better striking IMO. Leben was the same and got counterpunched half to death.

But Dan has this one IMO. The wrestling will be the key. I pretty much see Rashad/Bisping again here only with Dan being far more active than Rashad was.

Hendo via UD.

Comment

This fight is gonna suck imo. Dan used to be a monster but now just cant finish no one. He still has skills but he aint the same dude from Pride. Bisping can be more entertaining but he aint taking a risk getting ko-ed by Dan. I see Dan taking him down and getting a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
        This fight is gonna suck imo. Dan used to be a monster but now just cant finish no one. He still has skills but he aint the same dude from Pride. Bisping can be more entertaining but he aint taking a risk getting ko-ed by Dan. I see Dan taking him down and getting a UD.
        He's looked monstrous in the fights he has won by stoppage, but they don't call him "Decision Dan Henderson" for nothing. He's won more over the distance than anything else, and 7 of those were splits.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
          He's looked monstrous in the fights he has won by stoppage, but they don't call him "Decision Dan Henderson" for nothing. He's won more over the distance than anything else, and 7 of those were splits.
          He has a mean hook I dont kno why he doesnt finish more people, and while Bisping has ko's I dont think he'll KO a big name.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
            He has a mean hook I dont kno why he doesnt finish more people, and while Bisping has ko's I dont think he'll KO a big name.
            He could do, but it wouldn't be a Gonzaga/Crocop, Liddell/Evans or Rampage/Silva type KO. He's always been a volume striker and when he's got top position he just throws as much as he can and doesn't stop until he's got them out of there. Plus he has been fighting far bigger and far stronger guys at 205lbs (Yes I know Hendo has too as well as above it but this isn't really with reference to him specifically) which is probably gonna work more in his favour than against him at this stage of his career.

But I also believe that it's still too early for Bisping to be taking this far a step up in competition, though from everything I've seen he is looking forward to this more than anything before which is great because it shows that he is motivated and meeting it head on which you can only commend for. But Dan's not fully out of his prime and he hasn't begun to reach the twilight of his career so Dan should take it this.

Comment

i don't give Bisping much of a chance in this fight. its hard to see where he has the advantage anywhere the fight goes. i don't think Bisping's bjj is good enough to submit Hendo. the fight will only go to the ground if hendo chooses to, and i don't see bisping being any more successful at striking than Franklin was.

only question to me is whether or not Hendo stops Bisping or not.

Comment

I believe Bisping can beat Hendo but proba;y biased because he fights out of my hometown but i believe he has a chance. I think he he very under-rated but he also seems to get to excited at times and that is what gets him in trouble.

I probaly agree that Hendo will win via a UD though.

Comment

i'm gonna say Hendo by ko. bisping gets carried away and leaves a LOT of openings while trying to overwhelm his opponent. if Rampage couldn't knock Hendo out, u can be damn sure that bisping can't. one overhand rite and game over.

i do hope bisping wins doh, i wan't him to get a title shot so Silva can break his face and retire him.

Comment

Originally posted by JabSandwich View Post
                    i'm gonna say Hendo by ko. bisping gets carried away and leaves a LOT of openings while trying to overwhelm his opponent. if Rampage couldn't knock Hendo out, u can be damn sure that bisping can't. one overhand rite and game over.

i do hope bisping wins doh, i wan't him to get a title shot so Silva can break his face and retire him.
                    I say Bisping by UD. He will pepper Hendo with his striking. Bisping has shown some awesome footwork off, and Hendo will spend the fight getting caught trying to chase him down.

I have 20k on Bisping to anyones 30k on Hendo.....

Comment

Working...
                    X