Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Amir Khan go down as Britain's greatest fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he remains undefeated through-out his prime he has a chance.

If he beats Bradley/Alexander winner to become lineal champ, then he's top-10 P4P easy.

If he moves up to WW and beats Berto and other titlists to unify the division and become lineal champ, he'd be greater than Hatton, Hamed, Eubank, Benn, Honeyghan IMO. If he did this then he'd probably be number-1 P4P too (after Floyd, Pac and Sergio retire).

I think at 5ft10 he's definitely big enough to move up and win titles at 154lbs, and possibly even at Middleweight.

If he won titles at 154 and 160 and ensure he doesn't get KTFO, then it could be argued that he's an ATG and possibly greater than the likes of Lewis (top-30 ATG), Calzaghe (top 50-100 ATG) and co.

If he retired on top as a 4-weight champion, he'd definitely be right up there.

Comment

• He's already greater than Joe Calzaghe. Fact.

Comment

• He has the potential to be anything really... But so did Hamed, look what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Makaaveli View Post
          He has the potential to be anything really... But so did Hamed, look what happened.
          One thing is for sure, for Khan to come back after a devastating humiliating first round KO to Prescott speaks volumes. He got in the gym and worked harder than ever. Made a major change in his trainer, and worked hard in the gym, even so far as traveling with Roach to make sure he got the best training possible.

Khan is hungry and has a lot to prove. Hamed lost his hunger and love for the sport and felt like he had nothing to prove to anybody. He didn't even have the hunger to avenge his loss to Barrera.

Khan is still hungry and is working hard to get better and show the world that he can be great.

I'm not saying Khan will never lose, but he's LIVE, he's GAME, and he is out to fight the BEST and there aren't many fighters in the game willing to do that.

He reminds me of Oscar, he has taken a chapter out of the book of Oscar's career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Swagger View Post
            He's already greater than Joe Calzaghe. Fact.
            green k.......

Comment

• If Amir manages to unify the 140 division and beats Berto and Floyd at 147. He will.

Prime Amir will have a very good shot against past prime Floyd.

Comment

• I don't get how Froch is a hypejob when he's exceeding general expectations of him (overachieving, according to most) and receives no great hype in the UK...at all.

Comment

• Unlike calzaghe,the top guys in his division actually want too fight khan,so he has a good chance of going down as one of britains greats,but as the greatest? i dont think so

Comment

Working...
                  X