Collapse
No announcement yet.

A modern controversial fight revisited: Cotto vs. Clottey scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Cotto won 6 rounds. That was a fight he could of lost. A lot more than the Mosley fight that some people argue about. It really came down to a punch or two late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      I thought Cotto won 6 rounds. That was a fight he could of lost. A lot more than the Mosley fight that some people argue about. It really came down to a punch or two late in the fight.
      Yeah, I think most except maybe Iceta had that a close but clear Cotto win, 115-113.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      clottey can win the fight if he wins 7 rounds. it would be 115-113 minus the point deduction for the knockdown its 114-113 clottey.
      I've only seen the fight once, and it's been awhile, but I remember scoring it 114-113 Clottey and thinking Cotto should thank his lucky stars for that weak a$$ first round KD, cause without it, it would've had hard to justify a win for Cotto, especially since Clottey was more effective in the first round both before and after the KD.

Comment

on fight night I had it 8-4 Clottey....after rewatching it a few times...I scored it 7-5 Clottey

Comment

I think my scorecard read 114-113 Cotto. Of course, one of the judges was very generous to Cotto, but I thought the decision was legit. This is after watching it for a second time, that is. First time I saw it, i thought Clottey was the clear winner, but actually scoring the fight, I gave it to Cotto. What a close one that was.

Comment

I decided to add a poll. Place your vote even if you don't comment although I would like to read more scorecards and reviews of the fight.

Comment

Cotto won.

Clottey had the chance to win but he just didn't let his hands go in the championship rounds.

Comment

I had cotto winning. I thought Clottey would have pulled it off if he didn't completely let off the gas in the championship rounds.

Comment

Cotto won rounds: 1(10-8),3,4,6,11, and 12.

Clottey dominated the rounds he won. That made it look like different than the fight was. Fights are scored round by round....the fact that Clottey dominated the rounds he won means nothing but skewing the compubox numbers.

Close, close fight either way. Way closer than the Mosley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Cotto won.

Clottey had the chance to win but he just didn't let his hands go in the championship rounds.
                    Agree 100% with the bold.

Comment

I had Cotto winning as well...But, it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. No robbery or gift decision at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X