Collapse
No announcement yet.

How close was Bradley v Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not close enough to give Bradley the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
      Manny outlanded Bradley 253-159 in total punches and had a 190-108 edge in power shots landed. Manny outlanded Bradley in 10 of 12 rounds.

Taking a deeper look at the stats and the judges scorecards, Pacquiao had a 22-8 edge in total punches landed in round 5 and Ross and Ford gave that round to Bradley. Pacquaio had a 27-11 edge in total punches landed in round 7 and ALL 3 judges gave that round to Bradley.

Dumb ass judges rofl.

But what was the action over the entire three minutes? Who was controlling the pace? If Ping Ping is doing jack **** for two minutes, does he win the round?

Comment

• How close

The words close shouldn't be use to describe this fight. If it was close then Canelo did have a draw with Floyd .

Comment

• I thought the fight was closer than most think.

Bradley definitely won rounds 10-12. and possibly the earlier rounds like 1 and 2.

Comment

• It is easy to score Pacquiao fights. Any round he wins you score 10-8 for Pac. If Pac "loses" a round, you score it 10-9 for Pac because he is a brave and honourable warrior and nobody deserves to win a round against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              LMAO,compubox is the best way to build an argument..
              I agree with your sarcasm. Compubox should be taken with a grain of salt. It's not perfect, and there's a considerable margin of error when fighters flurry because it's individuals clicking a button to register punches. When stats are close, they shouldn't be looked at as absolution.

However, when punch stats are WIDE (meaning one fighter is shown to have landed twice, three, or four times as the other fighter), then it completely nullifies the margin of error.

An example of this would be the Mayweather-Castillo fight (1st). I watched it round by round and you cut Mayweather a lot of slack in order to have him ahead of the fight. Now, I had read about the fight being difficult, but I was shocked by the power punch stats. It wasn't that Castillo edged him or landed two or three dozen more, Castillo landed 173 to Floyd's 66. That is a HUGE disparity. Now I know what some people say to justify this, "We'll, maybe the majority of those power punches were landed over two or three rounds, rather than split up over the overall length of the fight."

I understand that. Really, I do. But to give Floyd that fight you have to give him every close round. It's been months since I've sat down to score it but I remember finding it hard to give Mayweather rounds (and felt guilty when I did).

Listen, I'm objective as I can be. I root hard for Cotto, Bradley, Mayweather, Márquez, Broner...but I'll be the FIRST to admit when a fighter lost and Bradley lost that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Pacquiao fought most of the fight in 2nd gear and Bradley still looked out of his depth.
                This is why he lost the fight.

I like 99% of everyone quit paying as much attention to the fight as I should have (after Pac poured it on in rds 4-6), so I re-watched with no sound. It was hard to give Pac 5 rounds. He only worked about one minute at the most of every round and most of his shots were flat out falling short. Bradley on the other hand (wasn't doing much either) was pitty patting to the body and sides of Pac's head while boxing better.

The only clear rounds were 4-6 for Pac and 10-12 for Bradley. After re-watching I had the fight a draw. Props to the 3 judges who were getting paid to pay attention to the fight instead of fans.

Comment

• I did my own punchstats of the fight a while ago.

Pacquiao ended up landing 10 more punches than Bradley through the entire fight, not the official 94 shown by compubox.

Bradley threw a lot more and missed a lot more. Best case scenario should've been a draw for Bradley but they gave him all of the close rounds, which is something you do if you're bias towards a fighter/style.

Comment

• I just watched this fight for the first time since it happened live. Back then I was drunk and half asleep so I couldn't score.

Now for me its too weird to watch a fight with no sound at all, so I watched the youtube Top Rank version that had what sounded like Russian commentary, so I couldn't understand a word of what they said. There was no compubox and I did not watch all of the replays.

Pac won this fight 9 rounds to 3. However, this was not a particularly dominant win for Pac. As others have mentioned, Pac often didn't do shit until the last minute of the round. A few of those flurries Pac thew missed even though it got the crowd excited. This was relatively boring fight, where neither fighter was really effective, but Pac was the more effective of the two. He landed the harder, cleaner shots and more shots in overall . However... If Pac fought Mayweather like he did Bradley, he'd barley win a round.

Bradley didn't do much for most of the fight. He'd throw these pitty pat punches, most of which were blocked. In fact, sometimes it didn't even look like Bradley was trying to land those punches, he just wanted to get them out there. Also, his jab for most of the fight was horrendous. For what its worth, my scorecard:

1 Pacquiao
                    2 Pacquiao
                    3 Pacquiao
                    4 Pacquiao
                    5 Pacquiao
                    6 Pacquiao
                    7 Pacquiao
                    8 Bradley
                    9 Pacquiao
                    10 Bradley
                    11 Pacquiao
                    12 Bradley