Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIFS: Willie Monroe jr. Punches vs. GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't GGG say that he allowed Monroe to land on him and to get back into the fight a little bit to make it exciting for the fans during the post fight interview? I thought he said he could have ended it in the second round but chose not to. I wonder if he was trying to bait others into fighting him by allowing guys to land on him.

I thought Monroe was mounting a comeback and then GGG turned it up and just put him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Smart thing to do, he can climb back up the hill in the near future but he could have really shortened his career if he continued to endure such punishment. You can question the surrender all you want, but the man has a tremednous heart regardless of his decision.
      Ya I thought he showed incredible heart getting up but you could see he couldn't stand, he actually fell back a bit and then said he was done.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty fingers View Post
        LOL. Props to Willie for landing some free shots.
        free shots my ass GGG was getting worked by those body shots monroe did awesome while it lasted

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Poor Willie.

He showed some heart last night, but then quit
          Can't blame him. He took a beating, got up, and showed his heart. He was going to be way down the scorecards and he didn't need a further beating on his young career.

I expect Brandom Adams to win ESPN's Boxcino this year then they'll get Monroe vs Adams on ESPN as the return for Monroe after this rough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Poor Willie.

He showed some heart last night, but then quit
            It was the refs fault. He should've stopped it, he didn't beat the count. Luckily he was wise enough to know that he was spent.

Comment

Is there a thread with the gifs Golovkin landed?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                You'd need an entire forum for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X