Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a tough one for me but I have to give the edge to Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      I think he would go undefeated, but if we're talking about having to face them at the age in which Hopkins did, which I think that's where your getting at, then I agree with you.
      I do not believe for a 2nd Floyd beats Winky. Easily a compatible fight considering both have been at 154. Winky is too big & too good a fighter for any 154lb version of Floyd to **** with. Winky walks him down with a stiff jab & dictates the fight & just muscles him up & batters him to a wide, ugly ud.

Taylor & them other guys are 2 big. However assuming that they'd be taller, those fights could go either way. (For the record I thought Winky beat Taylor), in that so called draw.

Comment

• Floyd..........

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Antonio Tarver has two wins over an ATG too. He should've retired right then and waited for Canastota to call, using your logic.
          That ATG was severely diminished when Tarver fought him, you can't compare that to a slightly post-prime but healthy Hopkins.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Would Castillo or Corrales beat Hopkins in some mythical fight where they're the same weight? No. And that means?

Like I said, would either of them beat Emile Griffith? Certainly not. But Ruben Carter destroyed him. Is he better than them too?

And again, the same logic applies for Mayweather. Is Carter better than Mayweather aswell?

The logic you are using is senseless.

As for Castillo Vs Spinks? Is that a serious question?

I'd also give him a good chance against Winky Wright aswell.

No disrespect but I get the sense you know very little about those fighters. And weren't around at that time? Atleast I get that sense from your statements.

Taylor might be a lot more flashy than Castillo but he certainly isn't better than Castillo.

And you "Not needing to look at resumes" is a good job because Castillo clearly has a better resume than Jermain Taylor.
          Again with your "are you serious?" as if the guys I mention are chumps. Castillo drew with Johnston who was a slick southpaw but asking how he would do against Spinks isn't a serious question? WTF? Yes it's a serious question.

Castillo vs Hopkins, Hopkins, Spinks and Winky. Who does he beat and who does he lose to? The reason why you keep dodging the question is because you know the answer and you don't like it. Castillo would lose badly to Hopkins twice, he would lose badly to Winky and he would at least struggle a lot against Spinks, but somehow he's a better fighter than Taylor?

At least I'm glad you guys stopped mentioning Corrales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I do not believe for a 2nd Floyd beats Winky. Easily a compatible fight considering both have been at 154. Winky is too big & too good a fighter for any 154lb version of Floyd to **** with. Winky walks him down with a stiff jab & dictates the fight & just muscles him up & batters him to a wide, ugly ud.

Taylor & them other guys are 2 big. However assuming that they'd be taller, those fights could go either way. (For the record I thought Winky beat Taylor), in that so called draw.
            i dont think we are talking prime for prime. and i dont think we are talking size either. because floyd could never beat any of these guys if we were talking size. the winky that b hop fought would absolutely lose to floyd. he was very past it at this point. he was so out of his element. i mean he kinda aged really bad overnight.

but i think a prime winky would be a difficult fight for floyd. just not that version of him

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              That ATG was severely diminished when Tarver fought him, you can't compare that to a slightly post-prime but healthy Hopkins.

Again with your "are you serious?" as if the guys I mention are chumps. Castillo drew with Johnston who was a slick southpaw but asking how he would do against Spinks isn't a serious question? WTF? Yes it's a serious question.

Castillo vs Hopkins, Hopkins, Spinks and Winky. Who does he beat and who does he lose to? The reason why you keep dodging the question is because you know the answer and you don't like it. Castillo would lose badly to Hopkins twice, he would lose badly to Winky and he would at least struggle a lot against Spinks, but somehow he's a better fighter than Taylor?

At least I'm glad you guys stopped mentioning Corrales.
              dude, even if all of those questions were answered in your favor, it wouldnt mean anything. because jermain taylor still wouldnt be a better fighter than either castillo or corrales. i mean can u name his one dominating signiture win. ill wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                i dont think we are talking prime for prime. and i dont think we are talking size either. because floyd could never beat any of these guys if we were talking size. the winky that b hop fought would absolutely lose to floyd. he was very past it at this point. he was so out of his element. i mean he kinda aged really bad overnight.

but i think a prime winky would be a difficult fight for floyd. just not that version of him
                No, I get that you guys been throwing down major about prime for prime & pfp. But with Winky & Floyd they have actually had a brief & probably fronting negotiation. Even then Winky walks Floyd. Not the version that fought B-Hop 10lb's north of his last effective weight.

But the Winky & the Floyd from the time they actually claimed to have negotiated. That Winky beats that Floyd without breaking a sweat.

Comment

• Both are 2 of my favorite fighters and both are certified ATG'S and 1st ballot hall of famers,glad i got to witness them fight and will be glad to tell my grand kids about them

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    No, I get that you guys been throwing down major about prime for prime & pfp. But with Winky & Floyd they have actually had a brief & probably fronting negotiation. Even then Winky walks Floyd. Not the version that fought B-Hop 10lb's north of his last effective weight.

But the Winky & the Floyd from the time they actually claimed to have negotiated. That Winky beats that Floyd without breaking a sweat.
                    you mean the negotiations where winky agreed then floyd changed his demands after winky agreed? gee that seems to happen a lot with floyd and good fighters. Floyd never changes his demands against ortiz or baldomir once they agree. so weird. floyd has the worst luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Oh please. Kelly Pavlik's drinking problem was known before he fought Miranda. A drink from time to time? He had a litany of excuses for losing to Hopkins, do you believe those too?
                      Clearly kelly's drinking problem became a serious problem sometime after hopkins, this isn't even debatable man. Was he cancelling fights, in rehab and getting dui's before hopkins? nope.

. Kelly Pavlik has done nothing with his career since. Nothing. At any weight class.
                      And? What does that have to do with him being a great win for hopkins at the time? who cares what he's done since then. Trinidad didn't do **** after either doesn't mean it wasn't a great win. I don't care what guys do after a serious whoopin', pavlik has never been the same since (nor was tito) and his career spiraled downhill.

anyways, good win vs great win lol that's what we're debating here, which is kinda silly since it's all opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that (good win is fine with me I still think hopkins has the overall better resume).

Comment

Working...
                      X