No announcement yet.

Let's say Gamboa dominates Rios...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    the entire reason he told people he was doing this was to challenge Pacquiao to a fight at 140
    yep, that's what he said and he seemed pretty serious about it. if he could carry the weight and power up there i think he'd present a very interesting problem for pacquiao as he's a clever fighter who can works in all directions and (at the minute this is) is faster and throws combinations that are equally devastating. would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      yeah I know, but realistically he wouldn't get a pacquiao fight immediately after beating Rios (if he beats rios).

So he'll be in the position of having to fight another big name to get Pac. That's how I see it anyway.
      i'm sure if gamboa agreed to fight at a 155lb 'catchweight' we could see it happen without any big names inbetween. especially if gamboa were to LOSE to ríos...

Comment

He's said multiple times that he wants Pacquiao....moving up and fighting a guy like Rios is part of the path he sees to that fight.

Arum has mentioned Rios as someone to take Pacquiao's torch for Top Rank and this is probably why Gamboa has pushed so hard for it.

If Yuri wins, he will move on to the next Top Rank guy who might have been considered for Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          135 is pushing it. Let alone 140 pounds.
          I said this about a year ago. I think 140 is Gamboa's absolute limit. But, who knows?

On topic: Even assuming Yuri dominates Rios, I don't see him doing well against Pacquiao. Manny is another force-of-nature type of fighter. The only way Gamboa beats Brandon is by potshotting, moving in and out, taking advantage of Brandon's relative slowness and immobility. What physical limitations is Yuri going to take advantage of with Pacquiao? Manny is comparable to Gamboa in every department. Would Yuri be able to handle Manny's power when he gets tagged?

Comment

id like to see him bradley at 140 then khan or whoever

Comment

I would first have to eat crow & retract everything I have said about him. Then I'd preffer the fight around 138 where Gamboa has an even playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I said this about a year ago. I think 140 is Gamboa's absolute limit. But, who knows?

On topic: Even assuming Yuri dominates Rios, I don't see him doing well against Pacquiao. Manny is another force-of-nature type of fighter. The only way Gamboa beats Brandon is by potshotting, moving in and out, taking advantage of Brandon's relative slowness and immobility. What physical limitations is Yuri going to take advantage of with Pacquiao? Manny is comparable to Gamboa in every department. Would Yuri be able to handle Manny's power when he gets tagged?
                I don't know how he handles it, but damm the athleticism, hand and foot speed in that fight would be sick to watch.

Comment

Gamboa gonna put it on Rios. Trust me when I tell u. And I like Bam Bam but Gamboa is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

i disagree- manny does not have the ring intelligence, quality of footwork, short distance fighting ability that gamboa does or much idea what to do with a guy going backwards.
                    not saying gamboa is likely to win but in terms of literally 'better in every department', well, i don't really agree that he is anywhere near as rounded a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      I don't know how he handles it, but damm the athleticism, hand and foot speed in that fight would be sick to watch.
                      oh yes! oh yes!

Comment

Working...
                      X