No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Foreman, Holmes, Shaq Honor Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Foreman, Holmes, Shaq Honor Muhammad Ali

LOUISVILLE, KY - Tonight, Sports Illustrated, a Time Inc. (NYSE: TIME) brand, dedicated its Sportsman of the Year Award to Muhammad Ali, renaming it the Sports Illustrated Muhammad Ali Legacy Award. The dedication ceremony took place at the Muhammad Ali Center in front of a crowd of 300 VIPS including Mr. Ali, his wife Lonnie and family, former world heavyweight boxing champions George Foreman and Larry Holmes, Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, and NBA all-time great Shaquille O’Neal. George Foreman, famed SI writer Bill Nack, and Lonnie Ali were among the featured speakers.

[Click Here To Read More]

Ali being alive is one of the most unbelievable things to ever witness to date IMO. God bless him and his family i hope he can still accomplish great things with his presence.

Comment

I'll never forget when Shaq knocked out Lennox's tooth with an uppercut.

Shaq, one of the greatest champions of all time.

Comment

Respect to The Greatest!!

Comment

Can't think of a fighter more deserving than Ali. He transcended the sport in a way that we still haven't seen reproduced today. Congrats to The Greatest.

Comment

Although I was not even born when he was fighting I am still lucky to say that I remember Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayseen View Post
              Ali being alive is one of the most unbelievable things to ever witness to date IMO. God bless him and his family i hope he can still accomplish great things with his presence.
              Exactly, sometimes I have to remind myself that he's alive. It's incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                LOUISVILLE, KY - Tonight, Sports Illustrated, a Time Inc. (NYSE: TIME) brand, dedicated its Sportsman of the Year Award to Muhammad Ali, renaming it the Sports Illustrated Muhammad Ali Legacy Award. The dedication ceremony took place at the Muhammad Ali Center in front of a crowd of 300 VIPS including Mr. Ali, his wife Lonnie and family, former world heavyweight boxing champions George Foreman and Larry Holmes, Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, and NBA all-time great Shaquille O’Neal. George Foreman, famed SI writer Bill Nack, and Lonnie Ali were among the featured speakers.

[Click Here To Read More]
                Bless you, Ali, the greatest boxer of all time.

Comment

Very sad to see Ali in this perdicament, bar none the most influencial sports figure of all times and the best heavyweight champion in history.

I appreciate Ali a lot inside the ring especially early in his career cuz he had his own style and made it work for himself, that's what I truly appreciate in a fighter, to me being a normal fighter who fights in the normal style but can overwhelm his opponent with speed and power is not as impressive as having one's own style and making it work for oneself, that's why Ali in my eyes is a great fighter, of course his accomplishments are legendary, but I appreciate what he brought to the sweet science even more.

Outside of the ring, what can I say, we will never see anybody like this man again, this was a boxer from Louisville Kentucky who didn't finish school yet managed to give speeches to scholars and give a very intellectual insight on a lot of problems that still affect us to this day, he refused to follow the norm of his day and stood up for what he believed in.

Even thoug I'm not the biggest believer in god, but I have to say God bless Ali.
                  Last edited by Ahmed_Ismail; 10-02-2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Clay/Ali in my opinion was the fighter that inspired me most without a doubt.

I have never seen anyone in the heavyweight division come close to Ali since the end of his prime days!

He never ducked a threat he embraced all threats !!

Comment

Working...
                    X