No announcement yet.

The great, the greatness, the best fighter of the 90's - Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    In terms of career, I think Pea's got it. I don't know, I go back and forth over it but usually I ultimately go with Pea.
    Yeah, if I had to make a choice it would be Whitaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
      True. However tito was so much bigger and longer and stronger. Not sure what pernell could have done at any point of his career. Didn't trinidad break pernell jaw? Anyway that said pernell is one of my favorites. Excellent boxer.
      Whitaker also bloodied Trinidad's nose with his jab in the early rounds. A prime Whitaker against Trinidad would have been a much different fight. In Whitaker's prime he had better reflexes, stamina, accuracy, punch count.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
        Love Whitiker but he was not the fighter of the 90's that honor goes to Roy Jones Jr and I'm reading that he beat Oscar lmao how the hell did he beat Oscar when he barley engaged ..Too much defense not enough offense !
        What exactly did Oscar do other than swing at air?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          What exactly did Oscar do other than swing at air?
          He actually did more than Pea not much I wouldn't argue a draw but in no way did Whitiker deserve that fight

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
            He actually did more than Pea not much I wouldn't argue a draw but in no way did Whitiker deserve that fight
            I don't think either one did much offensively. Oscar wasn't exactly an offensive machine in that fight either in spite of what some people remember.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              I don't think either one did much offensively. Oscar definitely wasn't exactly an offensive machine in that fight either.
              Yeah not for nothing but it wasn't the most exciting of fights ..

Comment

Working...
              X