Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Montreal: Artur Beterbiev vs. Tavoris Cloud & undercards RbR discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Montreal: Artur Beterbiev vs. Tavoris Cloud & undercards RbR discussion thread

This fight is coming up on Saturday.

Artur Beterbiev is 5-0 and unranked. Tavoris Cloud is ranked #8 by the transnational boxing ratings and #7 by The Ring.

Tavoris has never been knocked down in a fight, and has just two losses, to the light heavyweight champion (Stevenson) and to the #1 ranked light heavyweight (Hopkins).

What do you think - is Cloud too much too soon for Beterbiev? Will Cloud take him into deep waters and drown him?

Beterbiev is a puncher who has never been past 4 rounds, Cloud has a lot of experience in 12 round fights.
    Cloud by decision
    6.45%
    Cloud by KO/TKO
    9.68%
    Beterbiev by decision
    12.90%
    Beterbiev by KO/TKO
    64.52%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    6.45%

The poll is expired.

3 losses. No one should pretend the decision against Campillo was anything besides ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
      Two official losses and a questionable win. Cloud-Campillo was a lot like Provodnikov-Algieri.

Still, Cloud is very strong and durable, he's never been down in a fight (the fight with Stevenson was stopped by a cut).

Sadly, Beterbiev even though he's just 5-0 will get no credit from some people if he beats Cloud. But in reality it would be a heckuva win for someone with so few rounds of pro experience.
      Campillo beat Cloud. There's nothing questionable about it.

I don't know anything about Beterbiev, but him beating Cloud in his sixth fight would be a good win. Let's not pretend Cloud doesn't completely suck, though.

Comment

Sadly, Beterbiev even though he's just 5-0 will get no credit from some people if he beats Cloud. But in reality it would be a heckuva win for someone with so few rounds of pro experience.
        Maybe not, but they'll know he's a problem.

I'm interested, it's a big step up at a very early stage in his career. Disappointed he's with GYM as I think it's a matter of time before he becomes a Haymon guy.

Comment

Cloud struggles with movers, Beterbiev doesn't move...BUT, Cloud will try and stand in front on Beterbiev and that will play right into Beterbiev's hand.

Beterbiev KO6

Comment

This pisses me off, wasn't this fight cancelled? I was going to go to the fight but thought it was called off, fackin hell.

Comment

Cloud might retire after this...or get fed again to make money

Comment

After Loma's succes so many people wait from all the Eastern Block newbie guys tobreak through but Idon't think that this is as simple as that. IMO Cloud will win via KO.

Comment

Still, Cloud is very strong and durable, he's never been down in a fight (the fight with Stevenson was stopped by a cut).
                  But that was because he was beaten to a pulp by Stevenson. He didn't win a single round agains Stevenson if I remember right. But I gues if Beterbiev will stand in front of him, Cloud will slaughter him, unless Beterbiev has as good chin as Cloud's (not likely, simple because Cloud has a very strong chin and that's rare)

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    After Loma's succes so many people wait from all the Eastern Block newbie guys tobreak through but Idon't think that this is as simple as that. IMO Cloud will win via KO.
                    Do some research on this guy if you haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                    X